Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47645 - 10/20/05 07:36 PM USA: Help me find Spanish beer!
mse924 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA / Madrid, Españ...
I've spent the past couple months re-aclimating to being back in America after my amazing time living in Spain. However, I could really use some help...

Does anyone know of places that are good to find Spanish beer in America? Any kind..Mahou, Cruzcampo, Estrella, San Miguel...I'll take whatever. I would especially like to find some to give as gifts when I have a reunion party for the people I went to Spain with. I would really appreciate any help people might have...especially if you know of any places that sell the beer in the southern WI/northern IL area.

Muchas gracias!

#47646 - 10/21/05 10:16 AM Re: USA: Help me find Spanish beer!
YZYZ Offline

Loc: Madrid
I can't say for certain but Discount Liquors on Oklahoma Ave. on the south side of Milwaukee has an incredible selection of imported beers. There are also plenty of bars in Milwaukee that have a large selection of foreign beers. It's been awhile since I've been to the Brown Bottle but that may be a possibility. I will be back there next week so I can do a quick check.

#47647 - 10/21/05 10:19 AM Re: USA: Help me find Spanish beer!
nevado Offline

I know someone mentioned a while ago that Alhambra beer was the only available Spanish beer for import to the U.S.

#47648 - 10/21/05 11:02 AM Re: USA: Help me find Spanish beer!
gregorio Offline

Loc: seattle
The only Spanish beer I have found in Seattle is San Miguel, which is actually bottled in the Phillipines I believe. An upscale grocery store here sells it, other than that nada.

#47649 - 10/21/05 11:05 AM Re: USA: Help me find Spanish beer!
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
Estrella Galicia is definitely imported. I used to get it in DC.

#47650 - 10/21/05 11:52 AM Re: USA: Help me find Spanish beer!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yup. I've seen Estrella de Galicia beer in more than a couple places which carries imported beers. I don't think you'll find ANY other Spanish-bottled beers, however.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#47651 - 10/21/05 01:30 PM Re: USA: Help me find Spanish beer!
mse924 Offline

Loc: Wisconsin, USA / Madrid, Españ...
Quote:
can't say for certain but Discount Liquors on Oklahoma Ave. on the south side of Milwaukee has an incredible selection of imported beers.
I live in Milwaukee and I looked there a few weeks ago as I breezed through. I should probably go back and look more thoroughly. After some more looking, I did find a website that sells import beers by the bottle...unfortunately they seem to currently not be selling Cruzcampo (even though it's on their list). Thanks for the help all!

#47652 - 11/27/05 05:54 AM Re: USA: Help me find Spanish beer!
jlnastal Offline

Loc: Madrid
Sam's Wine and Spirits (http://www.samswine.com/) has locations in Chicago and the sw suburbs; they are "the single leading beverage retailer in the world." I'm not sure what Spanish beers they have, but I'd at least check them out online or shoot them an email.

DiCarlo's Armanetti (http://www.dicarlowine.com/) in Chicago and the 'burbs I'm pretty sure has Spanish beer, as well.

There's a Spanish restaurant family who owns places like Emilio's, Meson Sabika, etc, and I know they serve Spanish beer - maybe you can contact a Spanish restaurant near you and find out where you can buy the beer?

#47653 - 01/26/06 03:57 PM Re: USA: Help me find Spanish beer!
mbargas Offline

Loc: Columbia, SC
I only know of this spanish store in Miami that sells spanish beer. I don't remember if it was San Miguel or Mahou (my favorite). I did get a case for my dad. I'm going to double check to make sure and get back.

UPDATE: I found the website. The store is call Delicias de España. This is their web site.

http://www.deliciasdeespana.com/

Maybe you can contact them and see if they have any spanish beer available.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1647 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments