Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47595 - 09/14/05 09:53 AM Spanish miniature mud dolls/figurines
mbargas Offline

Loc: Columbia, SC
I've lived many years in a small town close to Madrid. Through my many years there I started collecting miniature figurines depicting spanish costumes, life, etc etc. I have over 200 figurines now and I'm trying to finish up my collection. I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can purchase these figurines. I won't be visiting Spain anytime soon so I need a contact #. I don't know Madrid that well but I know that gift shops sell them. I'm also looking for a distributor of this figurines. If anyone could help I would be grateful. Muchas gracias y que viva España!!!

#47596 - 09/14/05 10:55 AM Re: Spanish miniature mud dolls/figurines
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi mbargas! Check out the thread " lladro\' or nadal stores ship to USA? ".

I'm not sure it'll answer your question but at least there you'll find the links. Good luck! And if you find them (or a way to get them shipped) would you please return to this/your thread and give us your insight? Thanks!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#47597 - 09/14/05 12:13 PM Re: Spanish miniature mud dolls/figurines
mbargas Offline

Hi MadridMan,

Thanks for your reply. The figurines I'm looking for aren't anything like Lladro or Nao. They are really souvenirs made for the tourist that visit Spain. They are made of mud/terracotta and hand painted. I believe you can find them in gift stores in Madrid but I'm not sure where those gift stores are or how to get in contact with them or where to find a distributor of the mud dolls. Anyway, thanks again for your reply. I will continue looking at the links to see if it leads me anywhere. I MISS SPAIN!!!

#47598 - 09/14/05 02:43 PM Re: Spanish miniature mud dolls/figurines
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I know exactly which little figures you are talking about. I have a bunch of them too and I bring them in to my classes to show what a GuardiaCivil or a Flamenco dancer looks like, for example.

I kmow that there is a little tourist shop on Calle Cuchilleros as soon as you walk down the Arco de Cuchilleros that has them. It is right there. I do not know the name of the store though. Perhaps someone living in Madrid (lucky person!) could get your their phone number or email.
buena suerte...

#47599 - 09/14/05 04:17 PM Re: Spanish miniature mud dolls/figurines
mbargas Offline

Gracias Esperanza!!

That's really helpful information. I will continue looking and see what I can find. smile

#47600 - 09/15/05 08:14 PM Re: Spanish miniature mud dolls/figurines
angy Offline

Loc: Sacramento,CA
Oh I so loved those as a kid. Whenever we went to Seville to visit my mom's family I would always buy a lot of them and actually play with them. I would always bring them back for my friends too...oh such nice memories...

Angela

#47601 - 01/26/06 02:37 PM Re: Spanish miniature mud dolls/figurines
mbargas Offline

I found them!!!!!! I finally found a distributor. :jump: Thanks!!

#47602 - 01/26/06 03:39 PM Re: Spanish miniature mud dolls/figurines
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hey! That's great, mbargas! Thanks for updating us! Would you like to tell us the name/website of the distributor?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#47603 - 01/27/06 10:32 AM Re: Spanish miniature mud dolls/figurines
mbargas Offline

Well, I worked hard to find the distributor so it wouldn't be fair to post it here. If it's ok with you, may I post my web site were I offer them? laugh

#47604 - 01/28/06 09:46 PM Re: Spanish miniature mud dolls/figurines
Pulaski Offline

Loc: New Bedford, PA
Is this the Madrid Man Spirit? Not nice!!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments