Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#47513 - 04/15/05 08:27 AM Re: Those typical Spanish shoes...what are they called?!
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hehehe.. I think a pijo is someone from the upper classes (or one who thinks they are) and acts as such with the clothes, cars, money, etcetera.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#47514 - 04/15/05 11:58 AM Re: Those typical Spanish shoes...what are they called?!
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
a pijo is someone that aspires to upper class things..a pijo can be middle class. The closest thing we have here in the U.S. is a yuppie. Pijos want to drive BMW's, wear italian fashion, pay $30.00 for a glass of wine and wouldn't be caught dead in Walmart.

#47515 - 04/20/05 01:30 PM Re: Those typical Spanish shoes...what are they called?!
TJGuy Offline

Loc: Florida
i was cleaning my garage and found what I think you are talking about..they say "calzados"...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments