Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47241 - 03/20/04 05:50 PM Computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cartman Offline

Hi

I am planning to open an Internet cafe in Malaga area. Right now I am in Canada planning to go in mid of April.

I am curious how much it cost to buy generic new computer in Spain.

I was thinking to take computers from here if they r expensive there in Spain. In Canada for 2.4gh Celeron with 60gb HD and cd/dvd with 256 ram cost like CAD$300 plus monitor which is CAD160 (17").

The thing is if I take all the stuff from here it will cost me shipping plus some custom duty which I dont know how much. May be I will better of buying there in Spain.

So if anybody know how much Generic computer(No Brand Name) cost there in Spain, please reply

#47242 - 03/20/04 06:18 PM Re: Computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
A good and cheap place to buy PCs and all the stuff in Spain is http://www.alternate.net

It's a German company that sells in several European countries. Click on the Spanish flag, because this way you'll see the Spanish prices. Those prices are the same in their warehouse at San Sebastian de los Reyes, a town in Madrid metro area. Check it and compare prices.

#47243 - 03/21/04 05:35 AM Re: Computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Hi,
Good luck in your venture, but be warned you will be up against a lot of local competition. It may be worth checking out successful internet cafes in places like Madrid and Barcelona to see what works. Also, if you do send over kit, remember that the European keyboard is differently laid out in order to cope with all those different characters - ñ etc.

#47244 - 03/21/04 05:46 PM Re: Computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
It would be madness to open your business before landing on Málaga!

I suggest you to place yourself, see the competitors on the area, and search for good providers before taking a decision of spending a bunch of euros (or dollars).

I would bet that buying new computers here is more expensive than in Canada, but cheaper than buying them there and taking them here. You will have to pay for transport plus a high amount of custom duty.

Fernando

#47245 - 03/21/04 07:11 PM Re: Computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cartman Offline

Dont you worry guys. I was in Malaga last year. I am pretty familiar with the area. I did little research also for the area & competition. But did not check the prices cause I was very busy with my restaurant.

So I guess I just need name of some vendors to buy new generic computers in Spain.

I think it is better to buy all the computers from there I will bring all the laptops from here.

Any suggestion please

#47246 - 03/22/04 01:14 PM Re: Computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I can't help you about vendors since I live in Madrid, but Málaga should have good and cheap vendors since it is a large city (famous for some of the best PC parties smile ).

Fernando

#47247 - 03/23/04 03:56 PM Re: Computers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lonoma Offline

Loc: Sevilla, Spain.
Have a look at www.upi.es. There are shops all over Andalucia. Also www.pcwell.com.

Good luck in Málaga wink

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments