Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#47116 - 01/18/04 07:03 AM Madrid: eyeglasses?
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello,
Anyone out there have a recommendation for a good but relatively inexpensive place to pick up a pair of eyeglasses? Any chance I can have prescription glasses sent here from the US without incurring the wrath of la aduana and such?

Gracias!

#47117 - 02/10/04 06:47 PM Re: Madrid: eyeglasses?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
I don't think you will have custom problems for receving glasses. Nevertheless, in Madrid, I can reccomend Visionlab.

They have several stores in which they'll take a look to your eyes (european optic prescriptions are different than american) you can choose glass frame and they'll craft the lenses. The whole procees can take around 2 hours.

#47118 - 02/11/04 06:34 AM Re: Madrid: eyeglasses?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I 'second' Nativo concerning European eyeglass prescriptions. So you'll probably be better off if you go someplace where there is at least an Optometrist.

I don't think Visionlab existed when I was living in Madrid - I always used Cottet. They have several opticos in Madrid - the one I went to was on c/Serrano, about 100m north of Goya.

#47119 - 02/25/04 04:28 PM Re: Madrid: eyeglasses?
Beach Offline

I was thinking of maybe picking up some frames while in Madrid so my question is - do shops sell frames without lenses or would they think that's a really strange request? And, what are the odds of an employee of one of these stores speaking english well enough for me to communicate my intentions?
=)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments