Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#46983 - 05/07/03 04:28 AM Madrid: H &M. Where is it?
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
ive heard that there is a huge h&m in madrid somewhere does nyone know where it is

thanks

e

#46984 - 05/07/03 06:00 AM Re: Madrid: H &M. Where is it?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
The biggest one I think, is the one in calle Orense, but there is also one in calle Goya, and another, very close to Puerta del Sol, on calle Preciados.

P.S.: ZARA is just as cheap and even trendier (there's a new "mini-collection" every two weeks.)

Happy shopping! smile

#46985 - 05/07/03 06:38 AM Re: Madrid: H &M. Where is it?
edel Offline

thanks

i cant wait to go mad in the shops

#46986 - 05/08/03 02:02 PM Re: Madrid: H &M. Where is it?
edel Offline

anyone got any good places else to shop in madrid for cheap and cheerful clothes and shoes?

#46987 - 05/15/03 06:36 PM Re: Madrid: H &M. Where is it?
gatawannabe Offline

Loc: Madrid, but from Los Angeles
The H & M on calle Orense is the best and biggest one. But of you are in the center of teh city, then the one in Sol is great too. Try NOT to go on a Saturday, as the lines are really long.

For shoes; Sol is great, they all pretty much have the same stuff for pretty cheap. Also Calle Fuencarral (mettro Bilbao and/or Tribunal) has great shops. They are more pricy, but you can find cheap ones too.

Of course, I am only talking agout women's shoes and clothes. But I guess it would be the same for men.

#46988 - 05/16/03 09:21 AM Re: Madrid: H &M. Where is it?
edel Offline

thanks
i cant wait to go shoppin next saturday

#46989 - 05/18/03 08:20 AM Re: Madrid: H &M. Where is it?
pim Offline

Loc: Brussels
Hi Edel,
Here's a list of cheap and moderate priced chains for hip clothing (there are more, but these are the ones I like):

Zara, Mango or MNG, Blanco(super trendy!), H&M, Promod, Amichi, Don Algodon(poshish), Stradivarius, Topshop, Springfield, Women's Secret(for lingerie and more), Cortefiel(a lot more formal),….

Then there are some more nice places, but their prices are "less attractive", so go there during 'rebajas' time; that would be from January 1st. until mid February, and from July 1st. until mid August:

Massimo Dutti(awesome), Cedosce, Tintoretto, Miss Sixty, Benetton, Caramelo, Globe(super-expensive if you ask me!)....

For reasonably priced shoes I love Fosco basically. Also Pilar Burgos, Geltra, Camper and El Caballo, but these last two are expensive. And when you feel like something more exclusive, there are several places to buy sort of "sample" shoes, at (supposedly) cost price. Many of the chains/shops listed above sell shoes as well.

A good option is to head towards Goya Street, there is a Mango, Massimo Dutti, Promod, H&M, Cortefiel, Blanco, Geltra and a Fosco shop only a few metres away, a nearby Zara in Principe de Vergara Street and one Stradivarius store is right across the street. I just did that little tour on Friday.
Other very commercial areas in this way are Princesa street, and Preciados street, this one close to the Puerta del Sol.

AND, there are “outlet shopping places” but outside of the city; such as Las Rozas Village, and Factory.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments