Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4697 - 09/30/02 01:13 PM Hostel Levante, Barcelona
Guffy Offline

Loc: Leeds, England
Quick report on my little stay this month...

Stayed at Hostel Levante in the Gothic quarter, only 200 yards off La Rambla. Stayed there with my girlfriend and we booked a double room with a bathroom. The room was very, very clean and well kept. The bathroom was fantastic and had absolutely no complaints about my stay whatsoever. They staff were very friendly and spoke English if needed.

The room was also very secure which is obviously an important factor.....

Would recommend a stay there for anyone wishing to have a look at Barcelona. It was 52 Euros per night for the room and was in an ideal location.

Hostal Levante

Thanls for your help on finding information about it on the board Madrid Man smile

Guffy

#4698 - 10/01/02 12:49 AM Re: Hostel Levante, Barcelona
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
I am just curious, was the bathroom in the room, or down the hall? I stayed at Levante over the summer, and had the "economic" without bathroom room. Although the place was fine for a couple nights, if I went back I believe I would book a higher quality room (still at Levante). We saw in some of them and they were just as you describe them. However, our room was the opposite...the door would not shut all the way, and so the lock would not work completely... we also had a very small shared balcony, of which the window/door did not lock completely. The shared bathroom at the end of the hall was ok, except there was always a line to get in it, especially in the morning. The room was very clean though!

#4699 - 10/29/02 11:42 PM Re: Hostel Levante, Barcelona
lagurl Offline

I also stayed at Levante over the summer and loved it! Had a great room with the bathroom right around the corner and an enormous balcony. If you go...be sure to pop into the Cafe just downstairs and i believe a street behind the hostal. We went there every morning for breakfast and the owners were extremely nice.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1633 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments