Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#46746 - 06/15/02 09:50 PM Videos and DVDs...
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
If I buy videos, and Dvds, in Spain...will they work on my player at home in the USA? confused

#46747 - 06/16/02 12:38 AM Re: Videos and DVDs...
Espe3 Offline

Movies, unless you have a multisystem VCR and TV (or just the VCR if its a newer one, now you don't have to buy both pieces multisystem, just the VCR) DVD's unfortunately, no! frown You'd think though wouldn't you?!

#46748 - 06/16/02 04:48 AM Re: Videos and DVDs...
Roe Offline

Loc: california
Every DVD has a region code on it. Canada and the USA is region one, and Europe is region two. They made that system when DVDs were invented so that one company marketing a DVD in a region would have exculsive marketing rights to that DVD in that region. In some DVD players you can change the region. For some you just have to put in a sequence of buttons on the remote, or burn a CD with a certain file on it, or modify the hardware. I have an Apex 660 in California that I bought specifically so that I could change the region to watch DVD movies from the states and from Europe. Here is a link to where you can find out what DVD players can be "hacked". http://www.vcdhelp.com/dvdplayershack.php There are quite a few movies that they don´t release in the US, which is too bad. The movie Airbag is one of my favorites. You may not be interested in this, but you can also download movies off the internet if you have a fast connection.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments