Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#46173 - 02/13/01 10:16 AM Who has the best selection/prices for Lladro in Madrid?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Although I'm not a huge consumer anymore, I may "need" to add a Lladro or two to my collection. Any suggestions for best selection/prices in Madrid? We used to visit Spain frequently--always returning with boxes and boxes of Lladros for friends and family. (One such friend actually asked me to bring home all of the "girls with hats" as gifts for her bridesmaids! AND the boy on the carousel! AND the (huge) fishing boat with the grandfather, dog and boy--one of my favorites which is not, I regret, in MY collection!) Airline personnel generally looked the other way as we boarded with too many Lladro carry-ons. I doubt that we could get away with this now!

#46174 - 02/13/01 03:49 PM Re: Who has the best selection/prices for Lladro in Madrid?
Amy25 Offline

Loc: Troy, MI USA
What is a LLadro?

#46175 - 02/13/01 06:37 PM Re: Who has the best selection/prices for Lladro in Madrid?
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
When I was there a year ago, another student friend of mine had to buy a lot of Lladro for her mother. She checked many places and ended up buying some at a store near the Puerta del Sol. I'm not sure of the name but it's on the North side, heading toward Callao. SHe said they were cheap and they even shipped them back for her. Good luck.

#46176 - 02/15/01 10:43 AM Re: Who has the best selection/prices for Lladro in Madrid?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Amy, Lladro is the porcelain figurine made in Spain, in/near Valencia, I believe. There are two types: the pastel colored, shiny finish and the darker, earthy types. Many department stores, high-end gift shops and jewelry stores here in the U.S. carry them.

#46177 - 02/15/01 11:33 PM Re: Who has the best selection/prices for Lladro in Madrid?
afuegolento Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
Carole I believe that there are Lladro "seconds" sold in Valencia stores.
I am sure there are bargains out there.
I vvill be in Valencia from February 25th thru the 28th. Iam a Lladro collector myself I vvill keep you posted.

#46178 - 02/16/01 10:50 AM Re: Who has the best selection/prices for Lladro in Madrid?
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
yes...but travelling to Valencia to find a better bargain defeats the purpose. If you that far you might as well stop into the factory seconds store where they are made for your best deal. That's probably where the other stores get them anyway.

Leche

#46179 - 02/16/01 11:17 AM Re: Who has the best selection/prices for Lladro in Madrid?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Afuegolento, are you typing your messages from the White House? I read somewhere that the staff of the gentleman who was there before the new chap (who eventually got elected after an interesting short ballot, if my memory serves well!) stole all the "w"s off all the keyboards of the computers!

#46180 - 02/16/01 11:52 AM Re: Who has the best selection/prices for Lladro in Madrid?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Valencia is not on our agenda. We're concentrating on central and northern Spain: Toledo, Trujillo, Turegano (with visits to Segovia, etc.), Potes, Hondarribia, LaGuardia and Madrid. On many previous trips we found a wonderful selection in shops on the Costa del Sol.

#46181 - 02/16/01 11:53 AM Re: Who has the best selection/prices for Lladro in Madrid?
Jen Offline

Loc: Chicago
AF-
I know how you feel-
I can't bring myself to say that new fellow's name either!!
"I wonder if that guy is as stupid as he looks"?, asked Fidel Castro

#46182 - 02/16/01 09:06 PM Re: Who has the best selection/prices for Lladro in Madrid?
nevado Offline

Carole, it is my understanding that all current catalogue Lladro pieces have a fixed price. I think I've been to every Lladro store in the center of Madrid and Toledo. My best experience with service has been the shop across from the Prado (next to Toledo souvenirs but run by the same owners) and a VERY friendly store on the Gran Vía across from Plaza Callao. (It has a long window on both sides before the entrance and also sells Lalique and Swarovski- they have a great selection of Lladro downstairs). The owner is very helpful and has other stores he'll call to find the pieces you're looking for. Please don't confuse this store with another on the Gran Vía further down toward Plaza de España (which also has a downstairs showroom). This store is near Burger King. They are very pushy and unfriendly. The sales people watch you like hawks.

#46183 - 02/18/01 12:43 PM Re: Who has the best selection/prices for Lladro in Madrid?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Thanks, Nevado. Just the kind of info I was looking for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Ben Luna
Who's Online
0 registered (), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments