Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#46026 - 10/04/00 06:35 PM CD Shops in Madrid
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
What are the best CD/record shops in Madrid. It's been awhile since I've been there but the best stores for bootlegs, ect used to be Madrid Rock and CD King (on and near the Gran Via). There were also a couple smaller shops like Melocoton around la puerta del sol.

Leche

#46027 - 10/05/00 01:01 AM Re: CD Shops in Madrid
ilovemadrid Offline

Loc: Hawaii
I don't know about used CDs or bootlegs or records, but my favorite CD shop in Madrid is the FNAC which is right in Callao and is five floors of books, CDs, videos, DVD and electronic equipment. They have a guarantee that they have the lowest prices of anywhere in Madrid.

#46028 - 10/05/00 03:36 AM Re: CD Shops in Madrid
francisco Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi

Yes, that's what THEY say, but I can tell you that this is often not true.

Although in those cases, I think they are supposed to return you the difference in price.

Saludos.

#46029 - 10/05/00 11:06 AM Re: CD Shops in Madrid
Leche Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho
The FNAC is OK...same and the Corte Ingles record shop. But I like the independent record shops. Can anyone make a recommendation?

Leche

#46030 - 10/05/00 03:35 PM Re: CD Shops in Madrid
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
strangely enough i've found the corte ingles to be pretty decent in the bootleg section...
for example, i found several rare nirvana bootlegs there that i couldn't find elsewhere... the corte ingles near puerta del sol is good too...

on the east side of the plaza mayor there is a place (outside the plaza "frame," just north up the street from puerta del sol)... there is a cool t-shirt shop that makes whatever shirt you want (with 100's of prints to choose from), and across the street from that is the cd store... it's been about 3 years since i been there.

i also found a few near the "sapo azul" bar in moncloa between hilarion eslava and gaztambide (my favourite area of madrid - home)... in one you go down into a basement from the street... you can see the moncloa station just up the street from this one... i must be getting old, i don't remember any names of them...

good luck..!

#46031 - 10/05/00 05:56 PM Re: CD Shops in Madrid
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I completely agree with Francisco. FNAC claim to have the cheapest prices and they guarantee they will giver the difference back if you can find the product cheaper. However, few people bother to claim when they realised FNAC wasn't the cheapest place.

You will find CDs at the same price or sometimes even cheaper at El Corte Inglés or Madrid Rock.

Leche, I don't know much about independent shops. CD King is just opposite my hostel. There is another shop called "Discos Manzana" just around the corner of Plaza del Carmen and calle Abada.

Books at FNAC are cheaper than those at El Corte Inglés or Casa del Libro but you can find them even cheaper at the small bookshops at "Calle de los Libreros". Buy books there and support small businesses.

[NOTE: For those of you who know that street, one of the most beloved bookshops, "Librería Felipa" closed a few months ago (the owners retired)].

Regards,

Antonio

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments