Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#45622 - 05/27/07 10:02 AM Adult Courses In Spain Other Than Language Instruction
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
Over the past several years, I've taken Spanish language courses in Spain three times and feel that my ability to speak has advanced to a level where I might try something different. What I've started to look for is a course other than language instruction which I might take with other Spaniards. For example, a course covering developments in the Spanish film industry is something I'd be very interested in. But when I try to do a search on Google, all I seem to find are language-instruction courses. Can anyone suggest any particular schools in Spain where I might be able the type of courses I might be interested in? Thanks.

#45623 - 05/27/07 04:29 PM Re: Adult Courses In Spain Other Than Language Instruction
Valenciano_en_Madrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Majadahonda (Madrid)
Hi!
I found these links just writing on Google "escuelas de cine". I hope they are useful.

RTVE, versión española
list for cinema schools in Spain
Universidad Complutense de Madrid

#45624 - 05/27/07 11:17 PM Re: Adult Courses In Spain Other Than Language Instruction
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

If you're not already familiar with them, you may want to contact the Instituto Cervantes in New York (as I see that's where you're from) for some information. They offer classes there in both language and culture (I have previously taken several Spanish cinema classes with them) and they may be able to tell you about other types of courses. And, you could take a culture class there before heading to Spain! The main Instituto Cervantes is in Madrid. I looked at their page quickly to see if they had any details about classes in Madrid or elsewhere in Spain. I didn't see any at first glance, but you could perhaps contact them directly, too.

Instituto Cervantes New York

Instituto Cervantes New York class schedule

Instituto Cervantes (Madrid)

#45625 - 05/27/07 11:41 PM Re: Adult Courses In Spain Other Than Language Instruction
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

OK, I found one more thing --also through the Instituto Cervantes' web site. I didn't do a lot of searches, but this looks like it might be helpful as you can search by location and/or type of classes. Hope this helps.

Spanish in Spain

#45626 - 05/28/07 05:26 AM Re: Adult Courses In Spain Other Than Language Instruction
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
You could sign up as a visiting student (alumno visitante) at any Spanish university and take almost any class you want (with Spaniards, not foreigners). It's very cheap to do so, though I believe there is a mininum of classes (maybe two or three a semester) that you must pay for--still it's a great deal.

http://www.ucm.es/info/ucmp/cont/descargas/documento1811.pdf

There are also lots of seminars and lecture series that are free to the general public here (look at the Reina Sofía, Filmoteca, Complutense, etc.). Some universities have summer classes that you can go to as an oyente (auditor):

There are also lots of seminars and lecture series that are free to the general public here (look at the Reina Sofía, Filmoteca, Complutense, etc.).

http://www.ucm.es/info/cv/indice800x600.html

#45627 - 05/28/07 11:37 PM Re: Adult Courses In Spain Other Than Language Instruction
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. They are very helpful.
With regard to Instituto Cervantes, I already am a member there and have taken several classes with them in New York. However as I understand it, they have their centers only in cities where Spanish is not the principal language being spoken. One of their primary purposes is to encourage the greater use of Spanish as a second language in these cities. What I am looking for is to be part of a non-language study course within Spain and with Spanish classmates so that I might hopefully learn to be better able to communicate with them in their language and within their country.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments