MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#45562 - 02/21/07 08:39 PM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
I just made my reservations to go to Madrid clap the last week of March and first week of April. One of the things we will be doing is going to see the St. Louis and Suffolk programs. My daughter is a junior in high school and she is now thinking of these two places to possibly study. I am hoping that there will be classes that week. We arrive on March 28th. After looking at the school calendar, it looks like school is in session. Who would be a good person to get in touch with to get a tour? Thanks for any help.

#45563 - 02/22/07 10:33 AM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
nevado Offline

I'm not sure if he's still around, but I used to make visitation arrangements through Jerome Hurley, at Hurleyj@madrid.slu.edu or 34 - 91 - 554-58-58. He arranged tours and was very kind to students of mine in the past.

#45564 - 02/22/07 10:35 AM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
SRedw Offline

Esperanza,

I'm glad that you will be visiting both schools. Here are some contacts for Suffolk University in Spain:

Tom Biedermann, Admissions Assistant (tom@suffolk.es)
Alina Choo, B.S., Admissions Counselor (alina@suffolk.es)

Tell them that Shawn Redwood sent you. I know both of them well.

I don't have any contacts for St. Louis University, but if you send an email to admissions, they should be able to put in touch with the appropriate contact person.

With St. Louis, if your daughter majors in Spanish, she can do the entire 4 years in Spain, which would be excellent for her. Sufflok is only 2 year program in Madrid.

Good luck,

Shawn

#45565 - 02/22/07 05:16 PM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

thanks for all of your suggestions! La historiadora, I appreciated your email too! I will get in touch with the people you all suggested, and I will let you know what I think of the programs after we go on "the tours". Madrid...I am so happy to be returning!

#45566 - 02/22/07 07:11 PM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Have a wonderful time, and I can't wait to hear all about it! Hopefully you will have some lovely weather while you are there. And, if you take a tour of campus, you may be able to see the gorgeous view of the mountains from the campus -- especially if you are on the upper levels of the buildings! cloud9

#45567 - 03/14/07 07:46 PM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Shawn, I made an appt. to get a tour at St. Louis and at Suffolk for the last week of March. Tom Biederman at Suffolk said to send you his regards and he hopes you are doing well in the States.

Now, MadridMan can we plan a lunch for the last week of March?

#45568 - 04/07/07 02:34 PM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

I am writing just to say that we are back from Madrid we did get to tour St. Louis and Suffolk while we were there. The both schools and their programs look really good and the people (students and administrators) were extremely friendly and helpful. It was a very positive experience and my daughter is going to apply to both programs next year for sure.

Oh, la historiadora--and the view of the mountains from the campus is really beautiful too.

#45569 - 04/07/07 10:07 PM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
la historiadora Offline
Executive Member

Be sure to let us know which program your daughter eventually decides to choose! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your visit to both schools, and I'm thrilled you could see las montañas during your tour. That view is one of many fond memories from my time there. clap

#45570 - 04/04/08 07:08 PM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

just to update this thread: my daughter was accepted to both Suffolk and St. Louis in Madrid clap , so now she is seriously considering them as well as St. Andrew's in Scotland. She is confused and has to make a decision this month, but I keep reminding her how lucky she is to be the one deciding! Does anyone know much about St. Andrew's in Scotland, by chance? (BTW: I am rooting for St. Louis' 4 year program in Madrid!, of course! wink )

#45571 - 04/05/08 05:14 AM Re: Saint Louis University in Madrid
steve robinson Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hastings Old Town , England .
St. Andrews University , Fife , Scotland has a good reputation . Probably it's major , recent reputation is the fact that Prince William studied his degree there I think between 2001-2005 . He started off studying "History of Art" but changed his major to "geography" in which he gained a degree .Not exactly a recommendation , but "background" none the less Esperanza . Having lived in Scotland for a year I can definitely confirm the weather is better here in Spain !

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2300 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments