Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#45442 - 04/04/06 09:43 AM Studying Catalan - Barcelona
LeoMessi Offline

Loc: NYC
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know of any reputable language schools in Barcelona that teach Catalan? I'll be there for about 2 months this summer to study Catalan. I know that there are courses at the Universitat de Barcelona and at some other universities, but these courses aren't actually long enough for me. I need to have at least 160 hours of instruction (I got a grant to study Catalan that requires 160 hours of work). I've contacted some private schools too. Anyone ever heard of Versión Original? How about International House? Both of these schools said they could set me up with a private Catalan tutor, but before I commit I'd like to know if anyone knows about these schools. Any information or suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks!

Leo

#45443 - 02/18/07 04:28 PM Re: Studying Catalan - Barcelona
LeoMessi Offline

Hi there. I posted the above question quite a while ago and got no response. So I will respond to it myself in case anyone is interested. I ended up studying Catalan at a small language school called Versión Original near Placa Catalunya. I did one-on-one classes with two teachers from the school. I learned a ton, and I would highly recommend Versión Original. They don't typically teach Catalan, but if you ask they can probably accommodate you. They do teach Spanish though, and based on my Catalan experience, I'd recommend them for Spanish classes. Also, students studying Spanish there told me their classes were great.

#45444 - 02/19/07 01:43 AM Re: Studying Catalan - Barcelona
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Wow! Thanks a lot for the update, LeoMessi! Does the "Versión Original" school have a website you'd care to share?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#45445 - 03/28/07 04:50 PM Re: Studying Catalan - Barcelona
LeoMessi Offline

Here's a link for Versión Original .

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1564 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments