Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#45294 - 09/19/05 01:26 PM Spanish school - Madrid? Seville? Granada? Salamanca?
jat Offline

I'm leaving for spain on Wed and I want to go to Spanish school for a week starting next week. Basically want somewhere where I can learn a bit, but also take off and explore other sights and of course nightlife.

I was thinking Seville - cos it is a city, but close enough to other places. But the problem is that I heard the accent is very thick and the spanish is a little different. I am a beginner-intermediate spanish speaker (been to spanish schools in Argentina and Mexico). Anyway, do you guys think this makes a difference?

I hear Salamanca is a party town - which I like the sound of. But given that university hasn't started yet, I'm fearing it might be a bit dead.

Madrid I know will be awesome, but I'm flying in/out of Madrid - so is 10 days there too much (I feel like I'm neglecting the rest of the country)

Any help is apprecaited

Jat

#45295 - 09/20/05 07:41 AM Re: Spanish school - Madrid? Seville? Granada? Salamanca?
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Hi there Jat, hope you are well!!

It may be a little difficult getting a course for just 1 week. a lot of schools demand a minimum 2 week stay. However if you go to Madrid there are scores of schools to choose from, many at very good rates. The best idea, as soon as you get to Madrid (after checking in your hotel) is to go to an Irish pub and pick up the free English-language publications - they will have loads of schools advertising.

As for 10 days being too much in Madrid - Believe me 6 months is not enough. If you do want to escape the big city there are scores of destinations you can visit on a day trip (Avila, Toledo, CHinchon, Segovia etc). Simply do a search on day trips from Madrid on this board.

By the way, you're not from Leicester are you (it's just I knew a Jat once who loved visiting Spain)

Good luck in whatever you choose....

#45296 - 10/17/05 09:46 AM Re: Spanish school - Madrid? Seville? Granada? Salamanca?
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
I went to colegio delibes, in 2003.It is located in Salamnaca. I had the most amazing time and learned loads. It is really easy to get there from madrid. I loved Salmanca so much that i drove 7 hours this year from the south to spend the weekend there and trust me it wasnt quite at the end of september so im sure its even better noe. The webpage is www.colegiodelibles.com i would have a look at it if i were you! I enjoyed it so much that my mother has decided to give it a go this feb!! have fun

edelxx

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments