Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#45164 - 06/01/05 09:59 AM Haircut in Spanish... Help!
Detroit Offline

Loc: tarragona
greetings!

pls tell what spanish phrases can help me have a regular (nothing fancy) haircut. my hair is over my ears and I want it cut short. how to say in spanish - I want to have a regular haircut.

please help!

thanks...

#45165 - 06/01/05 11:22 AM Re: Haircut in Spanish... Help!
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
One picture is worth a thousand words: If you have a recent photo of yourself with a haircut the way you wear it, just show that to el peluquero, and say asi, asi!

If you don't, just say: un corte de pelo corriente and: lots of luck! rolleyes

In worst case, just point to someone and tell the peluquero: Como el! laugh

#45166 - 06/01/05 11:43 AM Re: Haircut in Spanish... Help!
Puna Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC. U.S.A.
Priceless advice Eddie! LOL laugh

#45167 - 06/02/05 11:00 AM Re: Haircut in Spanish... Help!
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Your post made me laugh because I found myself in the same situation when I was studying abroad in Granada.... my hair pretty much got so bad eventually that I had no choice and had to go. I speak pretty Spanish but was terrified. I asked my Spanish friend to recommend a salon, and then made her come with me. Well this was great until we got there and they made me put this robe on over my clothes and took me to a different room! I think the place I went was pretty average, at least it seemed that way from the people in it!
It was an intersting experience to say the least!
I didnt even have a photo, it would have been a good idea. I tried to explain what I wanted, I'm sure I wasnt using the correct terminology but with enough describing I think they got it... for example I wanted the part on the right side, well I had no idea the word for part so I just said "la raya", probably not the correct term but she got the idea. You get the idea, just do a lot of pointing, etc. In the end, I ended up with a pretty decent haircut! Maybe thats because beyond the baisc, how long, layers etc, it was pretty much in their hands smile
Some vocab I have learned since that first study abroad experience 3 years ago that you might find helpful...
-layers are called "capas"
-sideburns are called "patillas"
-even it up- "emparejar"
-a trim is "recortar"
-hair dye is tinte or tinto, something like that.
hope that helps a bit!
kelly

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments