Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#45157 - 05/25/05 09:55 PM Will be studying in Alicante
Cara Offline

Loc: Maryland, USA
Hola!

I will be studying abroad in Alicante this summer July-August. I was just wondering how to make the best of my time there by knowing a few things in advance. I just wanted to know if anyone has been there before; what there is to do; whats the social life; what the best way to travel domestically; etc. Really, any information is appreciated!

Gracias!!
~Cara

#45158 - 05/26/05 09:21 AM Re: Will be studying in Alicante
Pia Offline

Loc: Finland
Hi!
I studied in Alicante last summer and liked it very much. Alicante was especially suitable as the accent there is very easy to understand for a beginner, and I didn't speak any spanish at all when I went there. The Alicante city beach, Postiguet, is usually very crowded and not as clean as you'd hope, so you might want to take the train from Postiguet to San Juan, which is much better with much space and clean water. And it's really cheap: a 10 trip ticket costs like 5e and it's valid in buses as well. I didn't travel too much during my time there due to a limited budget, but you can basically get everywhere by train or bus. We took a day trip to a place called Guadalest, a slightly touristic place but so beautiful with waterfalls, small rainbows, crystal clear water and everything that I strongly recommend it. My friends went to Isla Tabarca, an island nearby, but said it was nothing special. My school (Estudio Sampere) also organized a weekend trip to Ibiza. There are two areas for going out: "Barrio" and "Puerto" of which the former is maybe a bit more "spanish". There's a nice market above Plaza de Toros on Thursdays and Saturdays if I remember correctly. This is all I can think of at the moment, feel free to contact me anytime smile

#45159 - 05/26/05 09:51 AM Re: Will be studying in Alicante
Cara Offline

Loc: Maryland, USA
Thank you so much for your reply Pia!! I'm gonna go look those places up on the internet. As it gets closer to my trip I know I will have some more questions for you :-D Thanks again,

~Cara

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments