Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#45081 - 04/27/05 03:16 PM Universidad Europea de Madrid
Lauri Offline

Loc: Madrid
I'm coming to Madrid to study in UEM next academic year and I'd like to hear about your experiences. Are there much student activities, what's the atmosphere like in the school, anything you can think of smile . How are exchange students generally "treated" in Spain, I mean is there some kind of tutoring or orientation or are we on our own.

Also a question concerning the living. UEM is located in Villaviciosa de Odón which to my understanding is a bit off the center of Madrid, do you think it would be better to get a flat somewhere downtown or maybe in Villaviciosa?

Thanks for all responses laugh
Lauri

#45082 - 04/29/05 05:01 AM Re: Universidad Europea de Madrid
Amleth Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi!

I've only known one person who studied there and that was in 1999, so I can't really tell you anything about the academic life, etc. However, I live near Villaviciosa, and I'd advice you to either look for an apartment in the village (very nice and quite place) or the city next to it (Alcorcón. Population: 175.000. It's got a university too - Juan Carlos I - and lots of pubs, discos and after-hours).
Alcorcón has metro stations (Line 10 and 12), train stations, bus stops and taxi ranks and it takes 10 minutes to get to P.Pío and 25 to the city centre.

I guess that you'll have some kind of meeting there and a short introduction. There should be an International Affairs Office where you may ask for help (mentors, tutors, etc) as well. You can also ask in the "Secretary" or go to the "Rector de Alumnos", but don't worry 'cos people here are very friendly so you can ask any student and they'll help you for sure.

U.E.M.

Alcorcón

City Hall
The City
University

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
pablo80, pikkmees, ValLynn
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1664 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments