Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44999 - 03/12/05 05:18 AM Summer Study Abroad
joshua Offline

Loc: O.C., USA
Hey all,

I'm doing a Summer study abroad Spanish intensive to improve my Spanish for 2 months or so in Barcelona or Granada... not certain yet. Perhaps even Madrid! Part of what I look forward to is meeting new people on/off campus and understanding the culture. So my question is then that are people accessible and friendly in general in Spain? Is it a laid back environment compared to the US? From what little I've heard, it is unforgettable and fun.

Cheers,
yousuf

#45000 - 03/28/05 12:01 AM Re: Summer Study Abroad
pixiechic39 Offline

Loc: Illinois
hey, are you going with Ameri-Span this summer? That's the program I'm going with.

#45001 - 03/30/05 09:07 PM Re: Summer Study Abroad
joshua Offline

Loc: O.C., USA
hi...

i think i'm going to go with api, but i'm not 100%. what made you choose you're company over the others?

#45002 - 04/03/05 03:45 PM Re: Summer Study Abroad
Pia Offline

Loc: Finland
Spain is really relaxed and fun, especially in the summer. I studied at a language school in Alicante last summer and it was great fun but, of course, through school you met more foreign students than spaniards. It's all about your own attitude, americans who go around telling people how they, unlike europeans, are free(some of whom I've unfortunately met) probably won't make too many local friends. So don't worry, you'll have the time of your life!

This summer I'm going to Cádiz for a month, has anyone got any experience from studying there?

#45003 - 04/03/05 10:22 PM Re: Summer Study Abroad
MATADOR Offline

Loc: BOSTON
Hey, I studied with api in Sevilla 2002-2003. Great people who went out of their way for the students.Field trips were geat also.

#45004 - 04/19/05 04:28 PM Re: Summer Study Abroad
sevina73 Offline

Loc: Chicago
I'm also looking to study in Spain this summer, but I think I might go to Madrid

#45005 - 04/27/05 10:35 PM Re: Summer Study Abroad
marilisa Offline

Loc: Virginia (EE.UU.)
My high school has used EF for summer study abroad for quite a few years now and it has always been a very positive experience. Next June, one of the French teachers and I are planning to take a group to France and Spain for two weeks. We'll be doing this through EF.

marilisa smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1783 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments