Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44942 - 02/28/05 11:17 AM A little too brave?
Beatriz Offline

Loc: Manila
Hi! This is my first post here, My name is Beatriz and im a dual spanish/filipino. I have lived in the philippines for 22 years and living in Spain has always been my dream, ever since i was a child. I speak minimal spanish and i actually think its wrong not being able to speak some as to my mother speaks spanish. I am leaving for Spain on March 25, And Studying in Antonio Nebrija University for 3 months. My parents are paying for my stay for 3 months. After that... I have to look for a job on my own. And start by myself. Honestly I'm just too scared thinking about it. I graduated college with a psychology degree, worked for a year as a assistant to a psychologist. I also have some theatre experiences and teaching children. I have been reading some messages saying work is hard to find.. and honestly i tried looking at some sites and it was just frustrating and got me all the more worried.
Although i like the feeling that I will come to know more about who i am, excited for meeting new people, learn a new culture, a new environment... and so on...but then starting anew is just pressuring. its not knowing whats going to happen. Im hoping for the best and secretly fearing the worst. Just to share my little story of too much bravery and a dreamer/worrywart that i am. I hope you guys send some comments and let me know whats on your mind whatever it is. Even a Hello, or a hi would do... smile
Madridman... thanks for the email! i loved your letter! made me feel less stressed.
Muchisimas Gracias!
Beatriz

#44943 - 03/01/05 06:43 AM Re: A little too brave?
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Beatriz, have you thought about teaching english? Being a student it will be easy for you to make new friends and get to know people who might be interested in learning and improving their language skills.

#44944 - 03/02/05 05:23 PM Re: A little too brave?
socalgirl Offline

Loc: california
hey beatriz, i have never been to madrid, but i will tell you this....if you have no children, and no outside responsibilities, GO FOR IT! you only live once, and if you don't make it, you can always come home. don't be afraid to take chances. it will be an experience you will never regret. an old chinese proverb...."there is enough time to rest when your in the grave"

#44945 - 03/03/05 05:13 AM Re: A little too brave?
Beatriz Offline

Loc: Manila
Jasmadrid:
Perhaps i could... Although that it would take time so that i may be able to get the license. I could but i guess its time consuming. although thanks for the suggestions. I had a friend once who taught english for little boys who playes soccer. Do you know anything about this? And for the license in teaching english, can i just take the test right away? or do i have to attend some program? thanks for the reply!! smile

Socal:
Thanks for the encouragement. yes i see your point, I have booked my flight already March 25. i'll be in spain on the 27th. I guess its a win win situation. there isnt anything to lose. thanks.

Beatriz

#44946 - 03/03/05 10:39 AM Re: A little too brave?
llewilli Offline

Loc: Washington DC
Got to www.expatriatecafe.com They have tons of info on teaching english.

#44947 - 03/03/05 09:33 PM Re: A little too brave?
Student Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Beatriz,

Think of Dr. Jose Rizal. He had all the comforts of life had only he stayed in the Philippines. But instead, he took the risk of travelling the world (including Spain) and commited himself in learning different languages (english, spanish, german, french, japanese, and others). He enjoyed his journey so much that he was inspired to write about his experiences even at the expense of his life.

Travelling nowadays are much more comfortable and reliable compared to a couple of hundred years ago. Electronic gadgets help made learning another language easier as well.

Anyway, after surviving psychology, I'm sure you'll survive the spanish language and Spain with ease.

Good luck and have an enjoyable studies. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments