Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44923 - 01/27/05 07:41 AM dictionary
mgreys Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Does anyone have any suggestions for a small, light Spanish/English dictionary with some verb tables? The usual "compact"dictionaries are too big (and the print too small) but the phrase books are too limited for my needs.

#44924 - 01/27/05 06:53 PM Re: dictionary
Avril Offline

Loc: Athens, Georgia(UGA), USA
Oxford Spanish dictionaries are awesome, I have a bigger one but I know they have pocket ones too. And I think they are some verb conjugations in there but if not just write it on the front and back covers. Just an idea, but I really like Oxford ones the best, hope that helped.

#44925 - 01/28/05 05:26 AM Re: dictionary
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
There should be an earlier discussion of dictionaries sometime in the last year. Are you looking to buy this in the US or Spain?

For my "pocket" Spanish/English Dictionary I chose the Cambridge Klett because it was easier on the eyes. I waited until I got to Madrid and went into a big bookstore where I could look at a huge selection for side-by-side comparisons. "Pocket" is in the eyes of the beholder since any good one is the size of a good-sized paperback. The Cambridge Klett also has a stiff cover so it doesn't get tattered being carried around. Several of the other smaller ones also have this feature.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1742 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments