Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44897 - 01/20/05 02:06 PM Madrid: Language, dance or cooking classes?
Neets Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi
I have just recently arrived in Madrid and am searching for way to immerse myself in this wonderful culture and language. I am working as an au pair with a family in Las Rozas. What i am looking for now though is something to do during my days and weekends to help with my language. I have done alot of searching on the net and there are certainly alot of language schools around but what i am really looking for is something like a dance class or a cooking class. Perhaps a language exchange meeting. I am only here for three months so i don't really have time (or money for that matter) to do a full on language class. Also, alot of language classes i see have alot of contact hours. i would be looking for only 1 or 2 days a week. Any suggestions or hints on fun ways to throw myself into spanish would be greatly appreciated.

#44898 - 01/20/05 10:55 PM Re: Madrid: Language, dance or cooking classes?
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
I attended 4-5 hours of classes per day at International House during late November and early December. I thought the classes and the teachers were excellent. Every class seems to have a specific well-planned focus and they are very good on stressing the fundamentals of learning the Spanish language. I would happily go back to International House. Web site is www.ihmadrid.com.

#44899 - 01/20/05 11:05 PM Re: Madrid: Language, dance or cooking classes?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Neets, I believe there was some discussion about a cooking school in Madrid here, somewhere on the message board. Try a SEARCH here, in this category, using keywords MADRID COOKING SCHOOL.

Good luck and enjoy! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1569 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments