Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44882 - 12/15/04 04:13 PM Living in Madrid
Basilio Offline

Hello all, my brother and I are planning on living in Madrid for about 5-12 months (for fun). From what I hear we'll need a visa for anything past 3 months (we're from the US), so we're thinking of taking spanish classes and getting a student visa. My question is this: are there any minimum requirements for the visa that I should keep in mind when looking for a study program? Would I be able to obtain a visa if I only take something like 5 hours of class a week? Any help would be great...

Also, any opinions on whether this is the best way to stay in Spain given my time frame would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

#44883 - 12/15/04 06:54 PM Re: Living in Madrid
madridmadridmadrid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: madrid
The minimum is 15-20 hours a week for a student visa (in the US, it differs from consulate to consulate).

If you are a US citizen, to apply for a visa, you need to get an official certificate of enrollment from the school to apply for the visa--along with a police clearance, proof of health insurance, proof of adequate funds (bank statment) and a medical clearance from a doctor stating that you don't have any communicable diseases. You also need to have purchased round trip tickets.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dona_quijote
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments