Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44825 - 10/27/04 09:16 AM Madrid - Interesting Spanish classes
The_Keeper_at_Home Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hi all,

There are a thousand schools and instructors in Madrid for learning Spanish but does anyone know of a school that actually makes the experience fun?

I have been here since January a used to take lessons twice a week but found it a bit hard going and ‘boring’ having to travel back into Madrid, go straight to school, (no food, no change of clothes etc) and then just sit in a classroom for 2 hours. In fact it usually worked out that you could keep your concentration for ½ an hour but then started to lose interest.

So…. What I am looking for is a school that combines learning with fun and other subjects. Maybe cooking, Spanish history, travel etc etc.

I’m sure I’ve seen one advertised but am at a loss to remember where it is.

Any ideas/suggestions folks?

Muchas gracias a todos.

Keeper.

Everything you KNOW is wrong.

#44826 - 01/21/05 05:55 AM Re: Madrid - Interesting Spanish classes
Neets Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi. Did you ever end up finding that fun spanish class you were looking for. I am int the middle of trying to find one myself. A dance class, or cooking class. I am having no luck with the dance class, and the few cooking classes I have seen are exrtremely expensive. I am working as an aupair so my free time depends on the child I care for. Where was the language course that you mentioned. The two days a week, for two hours one. This sounds very appealing to me because that is about as much time as i could commit to a class at this stage. I have been doing endless internet searches trying to find something but there is just so much to look at and take in. Problem here is that I am spending all my time on the net rather than getting out there and getting in to it. Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated

#44827 - 01/21/05 07:56 AM Re: Madrid - Interesting Spanish classes
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Here are a couple of suggestions. I have never been to these places, however, they look pretty good! If you do get to take classes in either of these places, please tell us how they were!
Alambique and Cooking club

Happy cooking! smile
Esperanza

#44828 - 01/28/05 08:41 AM Re: Madrid - Interesting Spanish classes
Supertubbie Offline

Loc: Madrid
http://www.donquijote.co.uk/

The combine also classes with activities

#44829 - 02/04/05 09:05 AM Re: Madrid - Interesting Spanish classes
Nana_BKK Offline

Loc: Shanghai
Please let me know if "Donquijote" is good. I plan to enrol in Don Quijote in Salamanca.

#44830 - 02/04/05 11:45 AM Re: Madrid - Interesting Spanish classes
arthurg Offline

Loc: new york
The excellent school, International House, in Madrid which I attended last fall offers a free weekly Spanish lesson via e-mail. Their web site is www.ihmadrid.com.

#44831 - 02/04/05 08:33 PM Re: Madrid - Interesting Spanish classes
Nana_BKK Offline

Loc: Shanghai
Thanks. Will check it out. Still want to stick with my original plan of going to study in Spain. Few months in one city, and another few months in different cities. Ha ha. To combine study with travel. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments