Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44730 - 08/07/04 09:42 AM study in madrid
homelessdophin Offline

Loc: usa
hi all... i currently work and live in madrid... i have already graduated from uni in the us (with a humanities degree, philosophy and religion) but i would like to take some classes here (while working) for interest... my spanish is high intermediate and i want to take the classes in spanish, like an erasmus student.

it seems that complutense is my best bet... but i don't really have any idea of how to get started... i've looked on their website and i think i would like to take some sociology/ political science classes... but any idea on enrollment? i will go to the campus sometime i guess but am afraid of being overwhelmed.. and i wasn't sure if places fill up and i should go at a certain time and if i have to fulfill any certain requirements..so i thought i would give a shout out here... if i could work towards a recognized degree here that would be best but if i just start out with a few classes that would be okay too... my students told me it should be about 1000€ per year for a full workload... i think it would be good if i ever go back to the us to show that i was keeping my brain active and learning new things and in fact, teaching english and working at a youth hostel, i feel that i really do need to get my brain active!!

my problem is that i love madrid and my bf who lives here with me, but am missing professional fulfillment... so when the time comes i want to be able to jump at it.. and i think studying is what i need to get some, at least, academic fulfillment.

so yeah, anyone who has experience with studying here in a spanish uni please post... i'm not going through a school in the us but i am still a foreigner so i don't know what the procedure is... rolleyes

#44731 - 08/07/04 05:42 PM Re: study in madrid
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
I would say just go to the school and ask. They are probably closed for August. You might also check out La Universidad Autonima (spelling?) in Alcobendas. Don't worry about feeling overwhelmed, everything is a hassle at first, and you sound like you have been here awhile. At least you have some decent language skills. They will probably be amazed that you speak as well as you do! I bet you make instant friends, have a great time and find just what you were looking for. cool If you don't do it, it won't happen. And after you find out, clue in the rest of us, ok? LOL! :p

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments