Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44594 - 03/15/04 09:48 AM Madrid: University offices open at Holy Week?
Camillie Offline

Hola!

I will visit Madrid for the first time from April 1 until the 10th. I was hoping to visit some universities to check on the requirements for dental school. As things go, I forgot all about Semana Santa and scheduled my trip exactly during that time. Will I be able to meet with anyone in admissions or is it like in Puerto Rico that the university closes shop for a week?

How is the nightlife during Semana Santa? Besides going to mass and processions, what else do you recommend?

I guess that my first trip to Spain will be a subdued and relaxing one.

I appreciate your suggestions.

Camillie

#44595 - 03/15/04 10:54 AM Re: Madrid: University offices open at Holy Week?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Since there are no classes I'd think that all university offices would be closed all week of Semana Santa.

There are processions in Madrid during Semana Santa but much much smaller as compared to those in Andalucía.

Nightlife during this time in Madrid is .... subdued, I'd say is the right word. It seems that about 33% of the city leaves during this week but since no one is working many many people are patronizing the restaurants and bars most days/nights.

In many regards, visiting Madrid during Semana Santa is the BEST time of the year to visit because the streets are quieter and there's MUCH less traffic. It might even be the BEST time for your first visit.

Enjoy your time in Spain. Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments