Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44543 - 02/21/04 12:03 PM Madrid language school reviews?
hobag Offline

Loc: minneapolis, mn
Is there a good place to find rankings and/or reviews of spanish language schools?

I'm interested in studying in Madrid this summer and I've been trying to research it.

I am kind of leaning toward inhispania, but it would be nice to feel like I am making an educated decision. Like how does inhispania compare to other schools like donquijote. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#44544 - 03/05/04 05:32 AM Re: Madrid language school reviews?
Tamara Offline

Loc: breda, the netherlands
hi, i don´t really know sites to compare, but i´m taking a spanish course with don quijote and i can really recommend this school. i think it´s a very good school, with good teachers and great students. they arrange everything very well and they have a great offer. i don´t know what else to tell, so this is their website don Quijote

#44545 - 04/13/04 09:18 AM Re: Madrid language school reviews?
Nerja Spain Offline

Loc: Nerja, Spain
Hello,

I guess you have to look at the school accreditations in order to get a better idea of the quality of the schools.

The most important one is the one given by the Cervantes Institute. A school has to pass very strict standards and an on-site inspection to get it. There are less than 50 schools in Spain that are Accredited Centres of the Instituto Cervantes.

Then there is the CEELE Certificate issued by the University of Alcala. A school that has the Cervantes accreditation most likely will also have the CEELE. However, a CEELE school does not necessarily have the Cervantes Accreditation.

So if you are looking for a quality school, make sure that the school has both accreditations. If they don´t have the Cervantes, they should at least have the CEELE.

Also, be careful with chain schools. Not all of the chain school locations might be accredited by Cervantes or CEELE (accreditation is done school by school). So if you go to one of the chain schools, make sure you ask them if their branch is accredited.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Saludos,

Jose

#44546 - 04/13/04 11:21 AM Re: Madrid language school reviews?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
The Malaca Instituto, www.malacainstituto.com, in Málaga is highly accredited and after 3 visits I can attest to their excellence. I have friends who have tried other schools and have been disappointed. There a several good schools in Spain but you do need to be careful.

MALACA INSTITUTO
Quality control: Our teaching, teaching materials and facilities are subject to rigorous and independent inspection by the following organisations: Instituto Cervantes, EAQUALS, University of Alcalá (CEELE), EFQM and IALC.

“Recognition” and Credit : courses offered by Malaca Instituto are “recognised” for Bildungsurlaub by various German state governments, by the CSN in Sweden and for Academic credit in the USA.

Teaching philosophy: Malaca Instituto has developed its own teaching “philosophy” combining many aspects of the communicative method with a structured approach to the learning of grammar.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
piedra negra29
Who's Online
0 registered (), 3016 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments