Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44190 - 05/07/03 01:27 PM a good language school?
Amanda Panda Offline

Loc: Tallahassee, FL USA
Can anyone recommend a good and inexpensive way to study in Spain, in order to obtain a student visa. My school here charges $9,000 usd per semester! Yikes!
Thanks
Amanda

#44191 - 05/08/03 04:22 PM Re: a good language school?
sepa Offline

Hello Amanda,

this summer I went to a languageschool in Ciudad Rodrigo, near Salamanca. It was absolutely perfect: great teachers, very much personal attention, and, most important, not so expensive! I lived with a lovely Spanish family for two weeks and not only my spanish improved quikly, I was also taken into the real Spanish way of life.
I'm going back this summer!
Here is the adres: www.spanishlanguage.org

Good luck!
Sepa.

#44192 - 05/12/03 03:06 PM Re: a good language school?
Amanda Panda Offline

Thank you Sepa

#44193 - 06/02/03 07:08 AM Re: a good language school?
edel Offline

Loc: Almeria/Dublin
hey at the moment im studying spanish in salamanca in Colegio DElibes. its a great college and very cheap there is a great atmosphere here and the teachers are great. have a look at there web pages www.colegiodelibes.com and if you need more info just email me

#44194 - 06/04/03 12:39 PM Re: a good language school?
Nerja Spain Offline

Loc: Nerja, Spain
Hi, just a note. Wherever you go, please ask the school if they have the CEELE Certificate (Quality Certificate in the Teaching of Spanish as a Foreign Language). That is a guarantee of quality, since schools have to go through a difficult inspection to get this quality certificate! Good luck with the search... J

#44195 - 06/04/03 02:22 PM Re: a good language school?
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
When I posed this question 3 years ago the only problem I had was deciding which school - got so many replies, all different schools, everyone has their favourite. So here's my 10 cents.
The best teaching, excellent teachers, small classes. Univ of Malaga in city centre. See their site with prices etc www.uma.es.
Next is a dingy old building, with rickety chairs and tables but in the same square as Picasso's house is Instituto Cervantes.Enthusiastic staff, good class notes. also on the net. Cheaper and I found them more helpful with fixing you up with rooms.Probably the Univ is dealing with bigger numbers of students.Situated in the old town - beautiful!
The Univ had mainly Scandnavian, with some dutch & English. The instituto students were Australian, Japanese, Hungarian with some Fillipinos.

Summer or winter the social life is always there when you want it. Good beaches for after class!!!!!!

#44196 - 06/05/03 11:53 PM Re: a good language school?
Amanda Panda Offline

Thank you all for your responses.
I haven't decided on a school yet. I leave for Spain in two weeks, for a job that lasts only five weeks, and then I plan to go visit some of the schools you all have suggested, get prices and those kinds of details and then make my decision
I really appreciate all of your suggestions
with kind regards
Amanda

#44197 - 06/11/03 11:54 AM Re: a good language school?
Nerja Spain Offline

Loc: Nerja, Spain
Have a safe trip and make sure you come to Nerja, you would love it, right on the Mediterranean coast of Spain! The Costa del Sol is a must to visit! Cheers, Jose

#44198 - 11/16/04 10:45 AM Re: a good language school?
najmaaz Offline

Loc: Leeds, UK
I wanted to say that I actually had a negative experience at Colegio Delibes in Salamanca. The teaching quality was not what I expected and my classes were filled with 18 year olds who were more interested in getting pissed every night than actually learning Spanish. I found it to be a huge waste of money. So I changed cities and schools. I then studied at the Alhambra school in Sevilla and it was 100 times better. I would really recommend that school (also Sevilla is a much more entertaining town than Salamanca).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments