Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44099 - 02/21/03 06:16 AM Aragonese Grammar
El Cid d'España Offline

http://sapiens.ya.com/qkrachas/gramarang/gramatica.html

A site on the basic knowledge of the Aragonese Language.

#44100 - 02/21/03 06:43 AM Re: Aragonese Grammar
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Aragonese is not recognized as a language anymore, because almost every syntax and grammatic element is driven from castilian. Objectively it is a dialect of castilian, with elements from ancient aragonese (which was a language, a dialect of lathyn as ancient castilian).

In fact, the complete name is navarro-aragonese, because it is (and was) spoken through Aragon and Navarre.

It is quite funny to hear someone speaking it (I have done) smile

Fernando

#44101 - 02/21/03 06:46 AM Re: Aragonese Grammar
El Cid d'España Offline

I'm very interested in learning it. It's a unique langauge or "dialect" which should be preserved and saved from extinction. I personally still consider it a language. :p

#44102 - 02/21/03 10:31 AM Re: Aragonese Grammar
fmiketheman Offline

Loc: ny,ny
hello everybody

the navarro-aragonese language is still spoken though only in the northern and central huesca region in aragon. in navarra its no longer spoken,over there basque is spoken in the north and castialian in the south. unfortunally these two regions no longer have a common language or culture in exception of course(fortunately)of the great jota dance and perhaps the boina which most of the men outside the cities there wear.

#44103 - 02/21/03 12:38 PM Re: Aragonese Grammar
Espe3 Offline

Fthemikeman- Yes they do have a common language, in fact the entire Kingdom of Spain knows it, even if some areas choose not to use it, its Spanish- perhaps you've heard of it?! wink

#44104 - 02/21/03 04:21 PM Re: Aragonese Grammar
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

espe3

what i wrote and meant is refering to the navarro-aragonese language that these regions know longer have it in common.and yes i know they speak spanish thas what i said i wrote it down man. rolleyes smile

fmiketheman wrote
navarra speaks spanish in the south and basque in the south.aragon speaks navarro-aragonese in central and northern huesca.thats comes out as spanish being the language of the rest of the aragonese language.

hey elcid and foritoli you two must know what i mean.

not to insult your intelligence espe3
you know your stuff.you just didnt correctly observe what i wrote on the NAVARRO-ARAGONESE LANGUAGE. rolleyes smile :p laugh wink

#44105 - 02/21/03 04:29 PM Re: Aragonese Grammar
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

oops i guess you did not mistake my statement i just expressed it wrong

i wrote

"these two regions know longer have a COMMON LANGUAGE"

thats like saying they dont have a language, which they do.BUT...BUT they all dont just speak spanish.

#44106 - 02/21/03 05:00 PM Re: Aragonese Grammar
Espe3 Offline

No insult to my intelligence taken! I was trying to get you to lighten up. smile

However I did misunderstand something due to a grammatical error, you mean the word you're looking to use is NOW, not KNOW. And to say NO longer, means not anymore- it may just be me, but those are 3 words that have very different meanings and since we have to go by what's written...sometimes type-o's don't matter and other times they can make all the difference! :o And I re-read what you wrote a couple of times, and you're right, it sounded like you were talking about Spanish, and not the shared dialect these areas once had.

Just in case- to clarify-all of Spain DOES speak Spanish, I know there are some places, due to their remoteness, that may not speak it, but generally as a whole-and yes, I am noting exceptions, but they are few- every region in Spain speaks Spanish. The biggest difference may lie in how well they speak it,or even if they choose to use it (take Cataluna for instance) but everyone does!

#44107 - 02/21/03 07:35 PM Re: Aragonese Grammar
fmiketheman Offline

hey everybody

espe3

got it dude by 99% :p wink

#44108 - 02/22/03 09:50 AM Re: Aragonese Grammar
El Cid d'España Offline

Aragonese "Our Father in Heaven"

Pai nuestro, que yes en o zielo, satificato siga o tuyo nombre, bienga ta nusatros o reino tuyoy se faiga la tuya boluntá en a tierra como en o zielo. O pan nuestro de cada diya da-lo-mos güei, perdona las nuestras faltas como tamién nusatros perdonamos a os que mos faltan, no mos dixes cayer en a tentazión y libera-mos d'o mal. Amén.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments