Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44024 - 11/21/02 01:42 AM Madrid:Enforex Spanish school - any info?
maximilliano Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara, california
taking a business and law class and would like comments on anyone who has taken this course, or info on any other school offering similiar course confused

#44025 - 11/21/02 05:44 AM Re: Madrid:Enforex Spanish school - any info?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I just did a search of this forum and found the thread entitled Language schools in "Madrid ". The poster (the last of three) mentions that Enforex was "Great!" but that's all.

Hope someone else has some opinion about the place. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#44026 - 11/21/02 11:03 AM Re: Madrid:Enforex Spanish school - any info?
SRedw Offline

ENFOREX IS NOT WHAT IS CRACKED UP TO BE.

I am speaking from a personal point of view.

In the Residencia of Enforex, you cannot lock your door, which means that thieves are abound. Right when I left the dorm, two days later, a friend of mine who stayed with the same program told me that someone had $200.00 stolen from him. BE VERY CAREFUL with your valuables. I am not sure if they placed locks on the door. You cannot even lock your door from the inside.

There is a person who cooks and cleans and provides towels and sheets, but don't expect Spanish food there at all. She's Russian and she cooks Russian food. She tries to make Spanish food, but it doesn't always come out right. She does the best with what she has to work with. When I paid, breakfast and dinner were included in the price. Breakfast consisted of toast, jelly, juice and cereal. Don't look for anything to fill you up either. That's just the way it was.

I studied with USM and we had different classes. The other students who stayed in the dorm studied with professors of Enforex. I looked at the Spanish books and I seriously questioned the methodology used there. I am a Spanish professor in the US. The major complaint of all of the students was that there weren't enough examples or grammatical explanations in the book.

I had to agree with them. It's nice to have to look for the conditional in an article, but when the conditional forms and uses aren't really expressed in the grammar explanation, it's a little hard to complete the exercise.

I know that the textbook should not be the driving force of the class, but students have to go home and rad the book and complete the activities. Many students just gave up and threw any type of answer in the blanks just to say that they completed the homework assignment.

Enforex is just like any other type of language school. I won't say that it is the best, for I have been to better. Don't just settle for Enforex without looking at Don Quijote also.

http://www.donquijote.com/

Compare prices and programs before settling on a definite program. That's my input, but if you are settled on Enforex, go ahead. I wish you the best of luck.

The 2 weeks in the dorm for me was $360.00 and it was not worth it. I consider it a loss of my money and won't do it again.

Shawn

PS - If anyone has had a different experience with Enforex, please write it here so that we have different points of views. Remember, that this is my personal experience with Enforex and that others may have had better or worse experiences.

#44027 - 11/21/02 08:35 PM Re: Madrid:Enforex Spanish school - any info?
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I highly recommend a school in Málaga. http://www.malacainst-ch.es/left.htm I spent two weeks there last summer with two of my kids and I am returning there in February. Before going the first time, I discovered that it was used by Duke University. They have used it for more than 25 years and said they felt it was the best. It has on campus housing in a beautiful building , but we did a home stay. It is in a beautiful hilly neighborhood and is quite secure. They offer filed trips on the weekends and other things during the week. It has a very international clientele with a wide variety of ages. Its quality of teaching is excellent!!

Sorry it is not in Madrid, but we did enjoy our time in Málaga!!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments