Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#44005 - 10/22/02 11:01 PM Madrid: Escuela Oficial de Idiomas
snapsdc Offline

Loc: Washington DC
I was talking to someone who was telling me that the best language school for learning spanish in Madrid was the official one, Escuela Oficial de Idiomas . She said there are some requirements being a US citizen. I hadn't heard of it before so I was hoping someone might have some more info.

Thanks

#44006 - 10/23/02 06:31 AM Re: Madrid: Escuela Oficial de Idiomas
laocan Offline

Hello!
I was browsing this message board when I saw this message, I have registered to answer.

I study at the EOI. I am Spanish, so I don't know what are the requirements for an American, but according to their site http://www.eoidiomas.com/espanol/esp2002_1c.htm you need a copy of your NIE and a copy of any academic title you have equal or above primary school.

The main problem with entering the school is that there are too many people wanting to enter, so there are some kind of selection process.

Rafa

#44007 - 10/23/02 10:06 AM Re: Madrid: Escuela Oficial de Idiomas
Espe3 Offline

Problem is, its hard to get in....Its so popular not only because its good, and cheap! .THere are other excellent language schools, the Universidad complutense has a really good program for foreigners to teach spanish. You can go to the Facultad de Fiologia to get more information. THey have different levels and have classes in all aspects of the language to teach you. (Grammer, to speech class etc.) and have a series of lectures set up for cultural learning. All taught in Spanish of course! smile

#44008 - 10/23/02 03:03 PM Re: Madrid: Escuela Oficial de Idiomas
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
The Escuela Oficial de Idiomas is definitely the cheapest place to learn a language in Spain. Therefore, lots of people want to get in. Every year there is a toss to choose a letter. People whose surname begins with that letter get in first and the rest follow them in alphabetical order.

Spanish for foreigner at the Escuela is slightly different that the rest of the languages. They have semi-intensive courses that last for about 4.5 months instead of 9 months that we have to study in the rest of the languages.

Note also that the website provided by liuxiahui
is only for the Escuela Oficial de Idiomas at Jesús Maestro (the central one) but there are others around Madrid and Spain. Check out Escuelas Oficiales de Idiomas

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1725 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments