Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#43951 - 09/15/02 08:35 PM Taking student groups to Spain
Diana Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I am ready to take the plunge, and would love to hear from other teachers about their experiences. I'm planning a trip to London with the Passports company (I teach a lot more than Spanish) in the spring, and the response at my school has been overwhelmingly supportive - not just for this trip but for yearly trips to foreign countries. I'm especially hearing requests for Spain, from students and their parents - mainly, I guess because they all know I lived there so long, and they figure I'd be a good guide because of it. I also rave about it all the time. (Personally, I was thinking of going to other places, where I haven't been! Gotta take advantage of the free trip! wink )

Have any of you teachers out there taken student groups to Spain? (I would take middle schoolers and some of their parents & siblings). Has anyone used Passports? I'd be interested in making my own itinerary, and then submitting it to the company. Has anyone done that before? Any great ideas? Words of caution?

Thanks!

#43952 - 09/18/02 12:42 AM Re: Taking student groups to Spain
aidance Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Cardiff by the Sea CA
Hi Diana. At this moment I am also planning a trip to Europe with students. This is my first time also. My husband, also a teacher, is bringing his community college choir, and I'm bringing some dancers from the performing arts high school where I teach. We are touring the Camino to Santiago, performing in churches along the way. We are just now starting the signing up process. I'm using EF tours, you should check them out, they are fantastic. This is a customized performance tour (we gave them the itinerary), but you can definitely customize any tour with them. A teacher friend of mine has used them and says they are great. So far they have been great for me. Also, their incentives for tour leaders are fantastic--free airline tickets, lots of free places for chaperones (or family and friends). Email me if you want to know more.
Good luck--and wish me luck!!

#43953 - 09/18/02 03:05 PM Re: Taking student groups to Spain
el jefe Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
i take students every summer ,large groups (60-85) and i always travel with ETRAV they have been fantastic -you can design your own itinerary but it will cost more than a catalog trip i've never taken junior high students ,only high schoolers --good luck -if i can be of any assistance ( ihave taken 16 student groups abroad)please feel free to email me

#43954 - 09/19/02 05:06 PM Re: Taking student groups to Spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
Hi Diana smile
I am taking a group of sophomores and juniors to Spain this March. We are going with ACIS Many people I know have used them in the past and have been very satisfied with their trips. If you have any questions , of course let me know...
I have gone on a few student trips( with different companies) in the past and all in all they have been great.. I know what you mean about going to a place you don't know...but , how can you pass up Spain? wink

#43955 - 09/19/02 09:48 PM Re: Taking student groups to Spain
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
I've taken middle and high schoolers and their parents to Europe (Spain twice) and traveled with EF. The service is good, the rates are super, and the guides have been spectacular!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1833 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments