Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#43947 - 09/12/02 12:47 AM law student to study in barcelona
pawnpusher Offline

Loc: louisiana, us
i'm basically trying to find out where i should stay. Where is the safest place to stay, etc.. I"m going to attend UPF in barcelona for a semester abroad to study law. I"m from Louisiana and basically looking to see if anyone else from U.S. is going to study there or be there during the spring semester. Any info would be of great help
thanx

#43948 - 09/13/02 08:27 PM Re: law student to study in barcelona
juli Offline

Loc: Tarragona
Dave,

Once I'm there, I can probably send you more info. I've found some good articles about apartmetns and locations for living, expenses. Try this one:
http://www.eslfocus.com/articlearchives/0700articles/articles02001.html
It's thru an ESL website, but the advice on apartment hunting is useful. I may end up living in Barcelona instead of Tarragona.
Jill

#43949 - 09/21/02 12:50 AM Re: law student to study in barcelona
pawnpusher Offline

Loc: louisiana, us
Definately give me a head's up.. That would be great, especially if you end up in Barcelona. I also have a friend that just left for a year to go over there. I think, though, that she is staying with a family. But, i'm trying to get her to hook me up with an apartamento antes que get there. (uh, spanglish!!)
thanx
dave

#43950 - 10/09/02 03:25 PM Re: law student to study in barcelona
juli Offline

Loc: Tarragona
Hey,

I've got some info for you about apartment hunting in Spain. The leading newspaper specializing in classifieds is called Anuntis, or Primera Mano (related to Segunda Mano from Madrid). Buy it at newsstands, or try the website at www.anuntis.com.

If you prefer to share a flat with other people, then try these:

Habitaje Hove
c/ Calabria, 147 bajos
<M> Rocafort
tel: 93 483 83 92
http://www.habitagejove.com

CIAJ
c/ Ferran 32
08002 Barcelona
Tel.: 93 402 78 00/01
http://www.bcn.es/ciaj/home.htm

Both have a wall for announcements/postings. You can take notes about the owners of the flat and the rooms they offer, then get in touch with them directly afterwards. Up to now I have had some experience with Habitaje Jove but I have heard from a friend that both are good.

To rent an apartment, in which you have to enter into a contract, contact this number when you arrive (I don't have a web address):

c/ Pelayo, 50, 1ro 2da
Plaza de Catalunya
tel: 93 318 34 39

This place is run monitored by the Ayuntamiento, and charges 215E to cover contract and oother expenses, then facilitates 1st month's rent plus one month security.

Good luck!

Jill

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1636 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments