Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4375 - 06/23/02 01:11 AM MAD/SEV Hostel Resevations plan?
mikerod76 Offline

Loc: florida
Hello,

Does anyone see a problem with this plan?
I will traveling from Barcelona to Madrid to areas around Madrid then to Sevilla in Nov. I will get a reservation, before I leave, for a hostel at Barcelona, but not for any of the other destinations. I will have a number of hostels in mind(Rough Guide)for the other destinations, but I will not make a reservation before I leave. The reason is I will not know how long I will say in each location. I figure to make a reservation one has to state chech-in and check-out date. Is this correct? This would be a problem if I do not know how long I will be in each place. Maybe I will make reservations in each place just before I leave each city. Does this sound like a good plan?

#4376 - 06/23/02 10:56 AM Re: MAD/SEV Hostel Resevations plan?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi mikerod76! I don't think this is a bad plan at all. November isn't considered a "PEAK" travel season in Spain so your chances are good to just show up and find something. Still, when you check-in you'll have to give them a check-out date just so they can make future reservations. No hostel owner wants to take the chance of leaving a room un-rented even for a day.

Still, giving a quick call to those hopeful hostels from the bus/train station upon arrival could save you some leg-work if you're carrying much. On the other hand, there's something to be said for seeing the neighborhood even before making a reservation and committing yourself. It'll be November so carrying your stuff around won't be too uncomfortable/hot. (at least in Madrid... Sevilla will be a bit warmer)

I URGE YOU to do the courteous thing and CANCEL any un-used reservations. If not by phone, you can do this from the portal/door by buzzing and giving your name. It's only fair and "the right thing to do". smile

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments