Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#43679 - 02/27/02 07:05 AM Madrid: Carpe Diem school, Recommended studying Spanish
Lesley Offline

Loc: Madrid
I want to recommend studying Spanish at Carpe Diem ( www.carpemadrid.com ), the school that Iīve attended since getting to Madrid February 10. When thinking about different institutes to go to, there were many factors to consider. 1)the price, because I need to save money for an apartment, 2)accomodations when I arrive, 3)getting to my flat from the airport, 4)how many hours of study..etc.

They offer all levels, and the teachers are clear and really good at explaining things.

They only offer 2 1 1/2 hour classes a day that you can choose between starting at 9:30 finishing at 1pm or starting at 1:30. One of the classes is grammar and the other is conversation. You can take only one class if you want (which is what I did after the first week). I like this because you have the rest of the day to do what you want (i.e go to the Plazaīs to do homework or whatever)and you donīt spend all day at school.

They were very helpful with getting me situated, so if anyone wants to ask me any questions, feel free to email me.. lvanornam@yahoo.com

Lesley

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#43680 - 02/27/02 08:10 AM Re: Madrid: Carpe Diem school, Recommended studying Spanish
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi again, Lesley! I see from your profile that you're an English teacher! And you're in Madrid studying Spanish, eh? Good for you!! Good luck, have fun, and learn a lot! Maybe one day you'll become a Spanish teacher! smile

Saludos, MadridMan

[ 02-27-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#43681 - 02/27/02 01:26 PM Re: Madrid: Carpe Diem school, Recommended studying Spanish
Lesley Offline

Loc: Madrid
Hello again,
Actually, I have a degree in Spanish, but after graduating I moved to South Korea to teach English (very helpful for my degree ), but it gave me an opportunity to travel here to Spain where Iīve wanted to come to for quite some time. Iīve finally made it, and have realized how much Spanish Iīve forgotten and how much that I do remember!! Oh, itīs fun though, itīs it?
Teaching Spanish has crossed my mind, but for now....itīs English grammar 101.
Lesley laugh

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments