Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#43608 - 01/27/02 11:32 PM Universidad Complutense, Madrid
TheHype08 Offline

Loc: Illinois
Anyone seen or attended the Universidad Complutense ? I will be studying in their courses for extranjeros from April to July. Let me know what you all think.

Thanks,
Jenn

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#43609 - 01/28/02 06:44 AM Re: Universidad Complutense, Madrid
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Universidad Complutense is the second biggest University in Spain so far, with more than 90000 students ( UNED , the National Distance Learning University is the biggest one).

Their web page is Universidad Complutense (also in english).

Their prestige varies from college to college, but as the largest university, has probably the best and the worst things.

Regards.

Fernando

[ 01-28-2002: Message edited by: Antonio ]

#43610 - 01/31/02 02:11 AM Re: Universidad Complutense, Madrid
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi Jenn - I studied at the University of Madrid Complutense (many many many years ago) and did the curso para extranjeros. It was an OK experience. The classes were large and you definitely get the feeling that you are a "number". University City is large and a bit overwhelming, but manageable once you get your bearings. However, I made some great friends from around the world, with which a few I am still in touch. You might want to consider coupling your coursework at the university with some other private (or smaller) classes. It´s what I did and it really helped to improve my spanish.

I guess the coolest thing is that you get (or at least they used to give you) a "certificate" of graduation once you have completed the course. With the university being as prestigious as Fernando says that it is, I suppose that it is a nice document to have.

#43611 - 02/26/02 10:27 AM Re: Universidad Complutense, Madrid
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I studied at Complutense during the month of July. I enjoyed it a lot. In the summer, the classes are hot! No air conditioning is something to get used to.
I found the professors to be very helpful and understanding. It was a great place to learn Spanish.
It was also great being in Madrid as there was something different to do every day.

#43612 - 06/24/02 10:49 PM Re: Universidad Complutense, Madrid
druship Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I am desperately trying to procur information about their program for foreigners...curso general para extranjeros...their website hasn't been updated for 2002/2003, and I suppose now I'm looking at starting in April 2003 or summer, and doing the year-long sequence. If anyone has current info on their program, that would be great. I have some friends in Madrid whom I can impose upon and I'm sure they'd phone around for me, but I thought I'd check with this group.

I'm also curious if anyone here has taken the Chamber of Commerce exam?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1825 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments