Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#43437 - 06/12/01 08:44 PM Odd translation question
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
Okay, I'm a little embarrassed to ask this question, but I am dying of curiosity...I looked up my old Spanish boyfriend's name on the web, and the only mention of him I could find was something that looked like a legal proceeding (actually a list of them), with him being in trouble for an "infracción en materia sanitaria." Is this something minor (littering?) or some bigger deal (my imagination can come up with lots of sanitary infractions that aren't as minor as littering)? I've not been in touch with him since 1991, so a lot can happen in 10 years...but I am a little weirded-out by having dated a "criminal." On the other hand, every young woman should have her "bad-boy" phase...right? smile wink

#43438 - 06/13/01 02:39 AM Re: Odd translation question
Miguelito Offline

I would think that he has a restaurant or something like that without having the higienic conditions that the law forces to have, but I'm not a lawyer, outside of context it could be anything...
Infracción doesn't sounds very heavy

#43439 - 06/13/01 09:22 AM Re: Odd translation question
SusiLaGallega Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hey taravb,
What website did you visit to get this info? I'm thinking of checking out MY spanish ex-boyfriend's "record" rolleyes What can I say, I'm also curious, just like you!

SusiLaGallega

#43440 - 06/14/01 11:25 PM Re: Odd translation question
taravb Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Ames, Iowa, USA
I hadn't thought of something to do with a restaurant...but that's possible. His address is above one, or a bar, I think. Leave it to me and my dirty mind to assume it was some sort of indecent exposure or public urination thing. Littering seems possible too, so I guess I'll never be sure.

We lost touch years and years ago, though I have such fond memories of him! He taught me more Spanish than any language teacher, and I think I taught him more English slang than even I thought *I* knew! He and his friends wanted to know EVERY bad word, off-the-wall expression, and idiom I could come up with. I think they were using them on English tests and trying to fool their English teacher (who was Spanish and apparently not very good at speaking/teaching English).

Anyway, thanks!!
Tara

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
galaxy, gazpacho
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments