Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#43264 - 08/07/01 10:29 AM Re: Pronunciation
wdc202 Offline

The reference sites you recommended for accents and grammar for foreigners, do you know if there is an English translation available? ..wdc

#43265 - 08/07/01 02:00 PM Re: Pronunciation
Tia Offline

If you need some help with the verbs, this site is excellent: www.elemadrid.com/spanish_verbs.htm

[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: tiajohanna ]

#43266 - 08/08/01 03:24 AM Re: Pronunciation
Anonymous
Unregistered

WDC:

Oops! If you are beggining with it, I should have realised you need explanations in English. I did not see any english version in the site, but I have a couple of more places (in English) that may help:

1 , 2

Bye

#43267 - 08/21/01 08:33 PM Re: Pronunciation
wdc202 Offline

Thanks to all. It is very helpful to be able to "talk" with experts on specific points. I wonder if Madridman would consider a conference devoted to Learning Spanish?

On another point: can someone please tell me how to translate "El Pregonaro", the name of a local Washington DC Spanish newspaper?

... wdc

#43268 - 08/21/01 09:37 PM Re: Pronunciation
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
wdc202, I think you mean " El Pregonero <--link (not El Pregonaro wink ) and it means, if my dictionary didn't fail me, "The Town Crier". Anyone else? Am I wrong?

I have considered adding another forum (what?! another?! rolleyes hehehee..) for Spanish Language & Education. Seems we have enough teachers/students here where such a forum could be useful. Anyone else?

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#43269 - 08/22/01 05:15 AM Re: Pronunciation
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not pretty sure of what the town cryer is, but I think MM is right, for Pregonero is the person who cried in the streets of towns and villages for public knowledge, the orders or decissions of the authorities (mayor, king, ...). Today it is only used in Spain for the person who makes the speech in a balcony in front of the people when the local street parties are going to begin (usually a famous person).

#43270 - 08/22/01 03:38 PM Re: Pronunciation
Tia Offline

MM,
laugh A forum for Spanish Language laugh
¡GUAU! What a great idea. There is a huge amount of knowledge about the subject among the members of this board. They could be an excellent source of information for many of us who study Spanish. I´m certainly not the only one who would appreciate receiving a piece of good advice from the experts here.
Tia (who´s sometimes completely at a loss in the subjunctive rolleyes )

#43271 - 08/23/01 07:25 PM Re: Pronunciation
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I'm not an expert (I'm a science man) but the grammar was always easy for me (spanish grammar hehe).

I'll be glad to help anyone here.

Fernando

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments