Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4322 - 06/13/02 03:29 PM barbieri international youth hostel
nao Offline

i've stayed at this hostel twice and i'm going back again at the end of the month. it is a GREAT place. safe, clean, friendly, great atmosphere, cheap! the staff are superb. i can't recommend this enough if you like the youth hostel scene!

#4323 - 06/13/02 08:11 PM Re: barbieri international youth hostel
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
That's great, nao! Where do you currently live and why are you staying at the Barieri? Just curious.

Your IP address shows that you posted your message FROM Spain, from Madrid, in fact. How VERY interesting!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4324 - 06/14/02 02:31 AM Re: barbieri international youth hostel
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi nao smile

Glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm curious though, as to why you are happy to pay as much to share a bedroom/bathroom with several others when for the same price you can stay in a hostal with your own room etc?

I know people want to be sociable, and this is probably the whole point of staying somewhere like Barbieri International Youth Hostal, but at the expense of having to share a room with strangers?

I know, I'm probably just too old for it! And I'm probably missing the point completely! rolleyes

Jo

#4325 - 06/14/02 10:53 AM Re: barbieri international youth hostel
nao Offline

hi again!! i'm in valencia now, not in madrid...although i often find myself going back time after time....but the reason i pay 14euros (at barbieri for example) a night to share a room and a bathroom with strangers is because i'm travelling alone and youth hostels are the most sociable places. i've stayed in hostals but there really aren't any opportunities to meet other people so it becomes very boring as a lone traveller. youth hostels offer a good atmosphere for people travelling alone...which i've been doing for 3 months now...luckily at barbieri and places like this, i've met a lot of people, travelled with them, gone out with them, and generally had fun!i highly recommend this kind of accommodation, though i do find independent youth hostels are far better than iyhf for atmosphere and fun. try them!!!
nao

#4326 - 06/14/02 10:59 AM Re: barbieri international youth hostel
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Thanks nao

Your answer is what I expected. Guess I am just too antisocial in my old age. But I can see the attraction if you are travelling alone and want to make sure you meet other people. smile I suppose it has all the benefits you want, until you find yourself sharing a room with inconsiderate/snorey people! eek

Are you enjoying Valencia? Somewhere I'd like to go one day.

Jo

#4327 - 06/14/02 11:02 AM Re: barbieri international youth hostel
nao Offline

jo...don't let your age bother you!!! all kinds stay at youth hostels, which makes for a very enjoyable and interesting stay....and i've yet to come across any really weird people!! valencia is just superb...i do spend most days lying on the beach though!!! it's a beautiful city, and i'm soooo glad i decided to stay here for a while. definitely visit valencia!
nao

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments