Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#43148 - 07/23/01 08:57 PM Schiller International University (Madrid)
GranadaGirl Offline

Loc: Maryland via Connecticut, USA ...
Hi all-

Has anyone ever heard of Schiller International University or have any info about them? I found them on studyabroad.com and was wondering what kind of reputation they have?
http://www.schiller.edu

Gracias,
GG

[ 07-23-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

[ 07-24-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#43149 - 07/23/01 09:30 PM Re: Schiller International University (Madrid)
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
GranadaGirl, please tell us, where in Spain is Schiller International University??

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#43150 - 07/23/01 11:04 PM Re: Schiller International University (Madrid)
GranadaGirl Offline

Hey there MM-

Schiller University is located in Madrid, but they also have locations in the USA, Germany, and several other European cities...

It looks like they have an American-aproved/recognized MBA program, but websites and pamphlets can make things sound better than they actually are, so I was wondering if anyone's ever heard of them!

Thanks

#43151 - 07/24/01 03:36 AM Re: Schiller International University (Madrid)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I never heard anything, which is strange, since i am usually informed of such things, but it may be they are very new, and haven't became well known by the public and the media.

#43152 - 07/25/01 11:42 PM Re: Schiller International University (Madrid)
GranadaGirl Offline

Ok, so I'm finding more and more about this place, they're sending me the info. It looks like they are an American University, so you can more easily get financial aid, from what I'm told. From the email they sent me you can do an MBA in Madrid for 1 year for about $18,000. (Not that I want everyone running there & applying and not leaving any room for me!!) But it doesn't sound too bad...

#43153 - 07/26/01 03:11 AM Re: Schiller International University (Madrid)
Anonymous
Unregistered

As it has been said in other forums, I think, 18.000$ is very close to the maximum price you would have to pay for a one year's International MBA in the most reputated spanish Universities, some well known and respected in Europe (As for the USA, they do not know them so much since most of the top 10 are North American Univs.)

Also, bear in mind that many times those prices do not include accomodation and other expenses.

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

#43154 - 12/13/01 08:25 PM Re: Schiller International University (Madrid)
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
I thought I'd try to resurrect this thread.

I've been giving serious thought to pursuing my graduate (MBA) education in Spain. I would be shooting to start Fall 2002.

Here is my situation: I have a low-level conversational Spanish ability. From an academic standpoint it would take years to reach an ability to achieve/perform in a "Spanish Language" curriculum. I would also be moving to Spain to become fully fluent in Spanish! So I'd be looking for Spanish education on the side, as well.

I was just about to add a new post (ask MadridMan about this problem of mine - ha ha). But as a maturing member I've finally realized the "search" function should be used. wink laugh

GranadaGirl: Did you ever find out more information on Schiller International. I just visited Borders and this thick reference book on "Study Abroad" seemed to infer Schiller was the only autonomous university in Madrid, with an MBA, and with an English curriculum (which I would unfortunately need frown ). A plus, in my mind, is that Schiller seems to have an integrated Spanish language program.

For the price of 20.000 Euros I'd hope it has a good reputation and respect????

Hopefully, this thread resurrection works...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
[Note to Madrid Man: Your gentle lectures and mentoring are bearing fruit. Let's see if this keeps the thread going, Jason smile ]

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: JJP ]

#43155 - 12/13/01 09:07 PM Re: Schiller International University (Madrid)
GranadaGirl Offline

Hey There JJP,

I wish I could be of more help to you, but I didn't really ever get any more info on Schiller Univ. I've decided to persue other avenues, hopefully which will keep me using my Spanish and maybe in Spain some day.

I would suggest that you email them or call the 'home office' in Florida. I recieved a little info from them, but to be honest the couple of times I called or emailed, the info wasn't flowing as fast as I would have liked!

The curriculum is in Enlgish, which would be perfect for someone with your Spanish level. You could always take Spanish classes on the side and do intercambios etc.

I wish I could have been more helpful, but keep me posted on what you find out, who knows what I may decide in another few months!!

Buena suerte,

-GG

#43156 - 12/13/01 09:16 PM Re: Schiller International University (Madrid)
JJP Offline

Loc: ca.eeuu
GrandaGirl,

Thanks for posting so quickly! I have already sent out an email to them, and from initial information it looks like I meet all the admission minimum requirements. I just need to write a dynamic essay.

Thanks again, and I'll be sure to post future information here for all our benefit.

Anyone else have any info, thoughts, rumors on Schiller International University? Thanks...

#43157 - 12/16/01 02:06 AM Re: Schiller International University (Madrid)
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
I have heart nothing about Schiller University, perhaps you should consider other options for an MBA. Almost every university in Spain has an MBA, here are some links I've found by Google:
www.iede.edu
www.gio.ingor.upm.es/mba-upm.htm (this is the one for the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, a reputated public university of engineering)
www.mapfre.com/estudios/empresa/mba.htm
www.escp-eap.net/programmes/mba/pt_madrid
www.suffolk.es/mba.html
http://cibs.tamu.edu/resources/mitsui.htm
http://sumweb.syr.edu/dipa/Faculty/MadridFaculty.htm

Hope this helps.

Fernando

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: Fernando ]

[ 12-16-2001: Message edited by: MadridMan ]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2035 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments