Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#43142 - 07/18/01 02:25 PM Study at the Instituto de Empresa?
Jill Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
I'm looking for information specifically on the International MBA program but also on the campus, student life and living in Madrid as a single, 30-something post graduate student. Any info would be appreciated!

#43143 - 07/19/01 06:28 AM Re: Study at the Instituto de Empresa?
Anonymous
Unregistered

When I studied my Master in Finance, About three years ago, I assisted to the information meetings for this University. In the end I selcted another, but I can tell you it is a first class private bussiness school, one of the three better ones in Spain, and between the best in Europe.

As far as I know, there is not a proper Campus, for it is not so common in Spain as in the States. Not what you call a Campus.

About life expenses, favourite areas and nightlife, there is a lot of information on several threads.

#43144 - 07/19/01 10:29 AM Re: Study at the Instituto de Empresa?
Jill Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, OH
Ignacio,

Thanks. That's good news. A couple of more questions if you don't mind. What is the intl student population like at IE - mainly Spanish or EU students or a wide variety? You mentioned that this was one of the three best programs in Spain - can you recommend others? What made you decide against IE?

#43145 - 07/19/01 03:01 PM Re: Study at the Instituto de Empresa?
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Jill,

I visited the Instituto de Empresa this past may, and thought their "campus" was rather nice. I guess it isn't a sprawling complex like an american university, but it was a nice complex walled in, with some nice lawns and gardens inside - enough of a campus for me. But I just stopped in to pick up information, so I can't really provide you with any good info, but will be listening/looking for replys with you.

LCQ

#43146 - 07/20/01 12:41 PM Re: Study at the Instituto de Empresa?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jill and LCQ,

In their website they say: "The Instituto de Empresa International MBA is designed for men and women from all over the world who aspire to management responsibility in corporations with an international bent. We welcome students from more than 30 countries and nearly 75% of our student body is from overseas.

The average age is 28 years and the average work experiencie is 4 years."

The link:
http://www.ie.edu/

ESADE and IESE are the other two better ones.
One of them is often listed in european rankings occupying 3rd (After Fontaineblau and London School of Economics (¿or London Bussiness School?) to 10th position depending on the parameters considered.
http://www.esade.es/ http://www.iese.edu/

The one I selected (ICADE) is possibly the fourth best one, but I didn't want to study a Master in Financial Management (offered by I. de Empresa) but a Master in Finance - different programs. That's why.

#43147 - 07/20/01 02:10 PM Re: Study at the Instituto de Empresa?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
There is some aditional info that can also help you select. In general terms the school reputated as best is IESE, but to my knowledge, their international programs and the ones taught in english are given in their Barcelona site only. In Madrid there is the MBA and the EMBA but in spanish only and orientated to the psanish market only.

IE is a good shool, as for living as a single 30'something to live, you'd be coming to the right place. You will be able to connect with the people and start yo.ur social life here a lot faster than you think.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments