Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4310 - 06/10/02 07:33 PM SAN FERMIN - Pamplona July 7
madridmanjim Offline

Loc: Northern Spain
If anyone is heading to Pamplona, you might want to line up your hostel now (if anything is still available). The nearest campground is about 6km or so north of the city - Camping Ezcaba . Another idea might be to stay just outside of Pamplona. Or just pass out in the grass like everyone else!

Bus to Pamplona from Madrid is with Continental Auto and leaves from the Avenida de las Americas metro stop/bus station.

#4311 - 06/10/02 07:55 PM Re: SAN FERMIN - Pamplona July 7
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
madridmanjim, while I don't know for sure, it's my impression that hostels AND hotels in Pamplona are booked solid for about 4-6 months in advance for "The Running of the Bulls". I've seen videos of the running and where to stay during such and it seems that campground you mention is PACKED FULL and not entirely safe.. that is, your stuff might get picked over when you're in the city. Also, it seems that many people simply sleep in the parks on their backs without tent or blankets.

We USED to have a member here who kind of advertised their service and hotel (until I gave them the rules of the message board) more than a year ago. Maybe they'll return now that the time is near once again and will enlighten us more on the situation this year. Their website was http://www.pamplona.co.uk/ . There, they have photos, videos, history, and other stuff. Also, at the top of their website they write:
"IF YOU ARE JUST LOOKING FOR ACCOMMODATION FOR THE FIESTA THEN DROP ME AN EMAIL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WE MIGHT STILL HAVE A FEW SPACES LEFT"

madridmanjim, are you going???

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4312 - 06/12/02 07:00 PM Re: SAN FERMIN - Pamplona July 7
manz Offline

Loc: calgary
hey im going as well on the 9th of July, were gonna sleep in our car any ideas where to park and sleep and is our car gonna get jacked.. It is a rental i guess..

#4313 - 06/13/02 08:03 PM Re: SAN FERMIN - Pamplona July 7
CaliBasco Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Idaho
If you don't have a car, just sleep in the Ciudadela. If you want to sleep in your car, Manz, I suggest you go to a "sleepy neighborhood" like Txantrea or Barañáin and just enjoy the slumber. I've actually slept in the portal of an apartment building before (if you go the top floor and then up one more flight of stairs you're up near the elevator access, and nobody ever goes up there). Not the most comfortable, but certainly safer than the park. cool

Of course the next time around I'm staying with my family...it's just that I wasn't married back then, so I didn't know them! laugh

#4314 - 06/14/02 07:37 PM Re: SAN FERMIN - Pamplona July 7
madridmanjim Offline

Loc: Northern Spain
Most of the better known places are certainly full, often reserved for years in advance. (I heard a segment on the news last year or so which said the room where Hemingway stayed in the Hotel La Perla has been rented for the next 40 years!)

There are always smaller pensions available, especially outside of the old part. I can post some numbers if folks are interested.

Parking? Anywhere outside of the city center. I agree - Bariñain is a good, safe recommendation. The Ciudadela is where a lot of folks crash. Fireworks there nightly at about 11pm.

Regarding the campground, I don´t know its status. May be correct about it being full. It is well outside of town, so if anyone is stealing, it is the other folks that are staying there, not that that makes much difference, I guess.

Am I going? I should be able to make it. I´m good for a couple of days only. If you have never been to San Fermin, it´s well worth the trip (though it won´t be quite the same with the Plaza del Castillo being under construction.)

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments