MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#43122 - 06/14/01 09:32 PM language schools for advanced students
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Los Angeles
Sorry Madridman, no city line. :p
I am looking into going back to spain for a month or so next summer if possible. A good reason/excuse would be to take some intensive classes to work on writing/advanced Spanish skills. Does anyone know on language institutes that have programs like that. I imagine that most of them are geared to beginning & intermediate stdents, and I can't afford a summer study abroad program through a U.S. university.

#43123 - 06/15/01 05:02 PM Re: language schools for advanced students
Lindsaywmoore Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA USA
Hello! I was a Spanish major in college, but I have taken a few years off and am a little rusty. But... I am going to take some classes in Sevilla this summer through a program called "Living Spanish." (I leave in 12 days & will be studying for 4 weeks: 4 hours a day, five days a week) They have classes geared toward every skill level, and they test you for your appropriate level upon arrival. I can't promise you that it is a great program, but I will be able to tell you in a few weeks. In the meantime, I can tell you that the people have been very accomodating & helpful & that the program is reasonably priced. Send me an email within the next month & I will give you the lowdown on the program! lindsaywmoore@hotmail.com
ciao... lindsay

#43124 - 06/15/01 07:09 PM Re: language schools for advanced students
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

thank you so much. I will definitely email you about it. I would love to check out another part of Spain the second time around, south, north - whatever...

#43125 - 06/23/01 08:54 AM Re: language schools for advanced students
latapia Offline

Loc: Shanghai
Hey,

I am going to be in Santander taking advanced classes for a month starting July 30th. It is with the Universidad Internacional Menendez Pelayo. Check out their website at www.uimp.es, you will see a link to their summer language program. My restriction was that I needed a program that had an August session, which is hard to find, and my professors tell me this is the best program available in August (otherwise, I hear good things about the NYU programs). I will be happy to tell you what I think of it.

Luis

#43126 - 06/23/01 11:42 AM Re: language schools for advanced students
Nicole Offline
Executive Member

For some reason the link didn't work, but I will try to find it another way. thanks so much!!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1924 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments