Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#43034 - 03/15/01 11:18 AM language schools in Salamanca
sdp Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Hi!

I need some advice. I'm planning to study in Salamanca this summer and am currently trying to pick a school. I've read all of the back posts on this board, looked at many websites and have narrowed my options down to about five schools. My question: does anyone have any advice on how to pick between them? They all seem to offer essentially the same things, the only difference being price. I hate to have my decision come down to price, but when it appears that that is the only difference, why wouldn't I pick on price?

Any advice would by GREATLY appreciated!! Thanks for all of your useful comments on this and other topics.

Stacey

#43035 - 03/15/01 11:37 AM Re: language schools in Salamanca
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
Ask the schools for email addresses of people who have studied with them. Write, ask specific questions, and it will be much clearer to you. My son's experience at Academia Isla was for the most part positive.

#43036 - 03/19/01 07:29 PM Re: language schools in Salamanca
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
My roommates in Salamanca studied at Don Quijote and I think they liked it pretty well.

[This message has been edited by Majesty318 (edited 03-20-2001).]

#43037 - 03/22/01 01:07 PM Re: language schools in Salamanca
James Offline

Loc: London
I went to Colegio Lorca in Salamance in the summer of '94 and had an excellent time.

#43038 - 03/30/01 04:17 PM Re: language schools in Salamanca
Balise Offline

Loc: Oregon, USA
Hi, sdp
I just visited the two schools I was most interested in: don Quijote and I.S.L.A. I visited the don Quijote schools in Madrid and Salamanca; I.S.L.A. - as far as I know - has just one school in Salamanca.

I liked the facilities of dQ more; the Salamanca school is really nice. Itīs larger than the Madrid one. The people who showed me around were very nice. I forget the name of the man in Madrid, but the man in Salamanca was called Carlos. He had an excellent rapport with the students. The strange thing was that I had emailed ahead of time and confirmed that Iīd arrive on a specific day and time to be shown around, but no one seemed to know anything about it.

The same thing happened at I.S.L.A. The woman was nice, but I think she didnīt show me all of the facilities. She said something about them having a second building. I think it is older than dQ and so itīs a little bit more rundown.

I think dQ costs almost twice as much as I.S.L.A, but if I had to choose now, Iīd choose dQ because it appears to have better equipment, more students and more choice of campuses (located in five or six different cities).

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 03-30-2001).]

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1611 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments