Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#43001 - 02/12/01 07:25 PM MBA Programs In Madrid/Spain??
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Does anyone have any information regarding MBA programs in Madrid, or elsewhere in Spain?? I want to go back to Spain get my Masters, and was wondering what were the best schools in Spain to get it done. I am looking for a program that would be valued on the American or International market as well as the spanish - - basically, one that would help me get a job in America if Spain doesn't work out.
Any insight would be helpful.

#43002 - 02/13/01 10:06 AM Re: MBA Programs In Madrid/Spain??
connie Offline

I have heard very good things about Instituto de Empresa in Madrid ( www.ie.edu ) and IESE in Barcelona/Madrid ( www.iese.edu ), but their programs are pretty expensive.
I do not know, though, whether they would be as well known in the US as they are in Spain.

#43003 - 02/13/01 02:41 PM Re: MBA Programs In Madrid/Spain??
canadiense Offline

Loc: Magstadt, GERMANY
The IESE in Barcelona (University of Navarra) was recently voted by Newsweek as one of the top 3 business schools in Europe.

I've done quite a bit of research on this school and it looks excellent, with a very progressive, case study centered curriculum (in other words, lots of interaction with fellow students, not too much lecturing ) Courses during the first year are conducted in English, and in Spanish during the second year.

It is expensive and hard to get into, which is the reason I'm working right now instead of talking high finance on the shores of the Mediterranean.

Looks like they might have some sort of satellite campus in Madrid as well. Worth checking out for sure.

[This message has been edited by canadiense (edited 02-13-2001).]

#43004 - 02/13/01 07:23 PM Re: MBA Programs In Madrid/Spain??
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Thanks for the info, I'll look into those schools, and welcome any more info people might have.

Canadiense - what newsweek recently had that information about business schools in Europe? Was it the european edition, or US??

Thanks

#43005 - 02/15/01 01:36 PM Re: MBA Programs In Madrid/Spain??
canadiense Offline

Loc: Magstadt, GERMANY
Actually Lomo, I was incorrect in my last posting. It was the September 22, 2000 edition of Business Week, which I believe is an American publication (not 100% sure though).

I thought it was Newsweek because I saw an article in this publication a couple of years ago which mentioned IESE, which got me interested in the first place.

IESE has been ranked one of the top "New Economy" schools in Europe, so if IT's your bag, it would be a good fit.

In terms of recognition within the US, IESE does a lot of exchange programs with some of the top US business schools (ie Harvard), so I would not see a problem in terms of US value (plus you are learning in a second language which would raise the value of this MBA anywhere in the US). You could also sign up at a US school and do an exchange stint in Spain if it was offered.

#43006 - 02/19/01 02:58 PM Re: MBA Programs In Madrid/Spain??
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
I could't refrain from posting a message, probably the best two spanish schools from MBA perpective are "IESE" and "Instituto de Empresa". With IESE being first. In my understanding IESE is best known from international perspective. IESE has two campuses: Barcelona and Madrid, but tuition is totally different.Barcelona will teach full time 1 year MBA programs in which people with short or no professional experience will assist to their classes. It is taught in english and spanish.The Madrid program is a 2 years EMBA only in spanish for people with around 7-10years experience, never under 5 years.
As general line IESE madrid is more specialized in executive programs.

I don't know how they let me in but I'll be starting the executive program in September...

#43007 - 02/25/01 07:41 AM Re: MBA Programs In Madrid/Spain??
kbc123 Offline

Loc: Barcelona, Spain
Hi, My husband is in his second year at IESE in Barcelona and we both love it. We're Americans. He had an internship at an Internet start up in Brussels this summer and spent the fall on exchange at Wharton (very competitive, only two slots from IESE to go there, so I'm not saying everyone gets this chance!) BTW, he was much happier with the solid academic experience he's having at IESE than he was impressed with Wharton. We're going to Madrid next weekend to negotiate his contract for employment with a Spanish high-tech consulting firm, so we're here in Spain for the long haul.

And, I'm not sure why everyone is saying that its so expensive, its like half the cost of an American business school and living is much cheaper. We pay about $600 a month for a furnished modern nice apartment with a/c, heat, in a nice neighborhood. You can do better even if you're single and sharing an apartment with another student.

If you have any questions about it, send me an email!

#43008 - 07/10/03 01:04 PM Re: MBA Programs In Madrid/Spain??
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Bocata King, did you ever end up going to Spain to get your MBA? Or you GranadaGirl, I saw your posts as well, or anyone else? I am thinking about it and am interested to find a program that is in Madrid, in Spanish but with students from all different countries, not too expensive (I know almost all are cheaper than here in the US but I still would need on the cheaper side of that!), and recognized here as a valid/accredited degree. I already searched and wrote down about 30 programs mentioned on the board, but was wondering which ones board members may have attended and what you could recommend fitting my criteria. I hope I can do this! Thanks for any advice....

#43009 - 07/10/03 04:23 PM Re: MBA Programs In Madrid/Spain??
mikey Offline

Loc: ny
Hi everyone!

The Message thread I've been waiting for!!!

I am starting the IMBA, International MBA at Instituto de Empresa this November. I have a lot of firsthand information on the school and MBA market in Spain overall. Too much information to post really because it would be just one long scroooolll...If anyone wants to talk you can e-mail me at Mcolligan80@yahoo.com or we can chat if you have MSN or AOL.

Thanks,

Mike

#43010 - 07/11/03 01:03 PM Re: MBA Programs In Madrid/Spain??
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Great, Mikey, thanks! I am going to email you. Anyone else want to chime in on this topic?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments