Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42957 - 01/10/01 06:42 PM DELE Experiences?
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Loc: mentally - Spain, Physically -...
Does anyone know where I can locate information about the DELE exams? I am aware of the three levels of examinations, but have yet to see a sample exam for each level. Does the Cervantes Institute make available old exams to the public? The tests date are in May and November, and I am considerig preparing for the Basico level ( the information I have gleaned suggests that it validates intermedite level Spanish, but without seeing a sample I do not where my Spanish level really lies) A passing mark on the Basico would permmit me to enroll in some of the language programs that I am looking at. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

#42958 - 01/11/01 05:18 PM Re: DELE Experiences?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
Shawn, have you tried Google.com ?. I always use the Spanish version of this great searcher (in my opinion, the best one nowadays) and it always give good results.

I've just searched "DELE" on Spanish pages only and this is what I found:

General information about the DELE exams from the Instituto Cervantes .

It all seems that this is an unofficial site. Anyway it has an English version with information about the DELE exams . Check the information about the Diploma Básico de Español . There I found also the address of the registering centre in the USA:

INSTITUTO CERVANTES
122 East 42nd St. Suite 807
New York, NY 10168
(United States)
Telephone: +1-212-689 4232
Fax: +1-212-545 8837
E-mail: info@cervantes.org

Did you know you can take the exam in Los Angeles?.

And last, but not least... check this link from the Centro Virtual Cervantes . Yes!!!. That's an online version of the November 1993 exam.

Good luck with your exam. I'm pretty sure you'll pass it.

Regards,

Antonio

PS: It may take a long time to get the results. It took about 6 months to get my CAE results from Cambridge when I took it in Bath (UK).

------------------
The best tips from your favourite hostal in Madrid.
Hostal Chelo at http://www.chelo.com

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 01-11-2001).]

#42959 - 01/11/01 06:51 PM Re: DELE Experiences?
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Thank You Antonio, I should have used the google search engine. You are correct, it seems to be the best and quickest one.

Saludos

#42960 - 01/24/01 08:57 PM Re: DELE Experiences?
connie Offline

I got the Diploma Superior last year. There is a language school in Madrid that offers online-preparation and I was pretty happy with them. They offer preparation both for the Diploma Básico and the Diploma Superior. You find it under http://empresas.arrakis.es/hispaniaestudio-2/dol.htm They have the old exams and prepare you in the style of the exam questions. I think this course is a good option if you do not have the time to go to a school. It even includes preparation for the oral exam by chatting through the web.
While most people taking the exams for the Diploma Superior had already been living in Spain for a while, this seemed to be less the case as for the Diploma Básico.
Antonio is right that it takes a while to get the results. It took four months until I got notice that I passed it, and the issuance of the official certificate takes even much longer.

#42961 - 01/26/01 08:36 PM Re: DELE Experiences?
Shawn Offline
Executive Member

Thanks!
The links provided have give me much to ponder.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2327 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments