Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42867 - 10/05/00 11:57 AM Has anyone studied in Salamanca?
Pepe Offline

Loc: Wales
Hola everyone.
I am planning to study Spanish in Salamanca from January in 2001. If anyone studied Spanish in Salamanca before , Please please recomnend a good academia to me.

As of right now, i am considering to study at Colegio Delibes. Does anyone know about this academia or any other academia.
Muchas Gracias.
Viva Espana!!

This web site is just incredible!!
Me encanta all of you!

#42868 - 10/05/00 12:15 PM Re: Has anyone studied in Salamanca?
rgf Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York, New York
I recommend Academia ISLA. My son studied there, and it has a great location, great staff, good atmosphere. There a website... probably academiaisla.es or academiaisla.com If you have no luck, i can find it. They were really serious about teaching Spanish as well as encouraging fun!

#42869 - 10/07/00 11:36 PM Re: Has anyone studied in Salamanca?
afuegolento Offline

Loc: Miami, Florida
Pepe, I did some research on the Academias in Salamanca and came up with Escuela Salamantina de Estudios Internacionales (Salminter). They offer intensive spanish courses for all levels. Some of their options include:
80hrs/month (4hrs/day): 61,000pts. Very reasonable.
Accomodations range from 26,000pts for a single room flat to 2,650pts for a single room with full board in a family home. Their
web address is:
[url=htpp://www.salminter.helcom.es][url=htpp://www.salminter.helcom.es][url=htpp://www.salminter.helcom.es]htpp://www.salminter.helcom.es[/url][/url][/url]
E-Mail: salminter@helcom.es
Tlf: 923 21 18 08
Fax: 923 26 02 63
Address: Calle Toro, 25 #1
37002 Salamanca
Spain.
Hope this helps, and good luck!!!

#42870 - 10/09/00 04:53 AM Re: Has anyone studied in Salamanca?
Pepe Offline

Loc: Wales
Hola! Rgf and afuegolento.
Muchas gracias for your help!!
I've just been to both of the wepsites(ISIA and Salminter' academics) They appear to be very good academics.Bu since i have about 3 mnoths to go before i leave for Spain,
i haven't made mind up yet. i will probably ask them to send some brotures to me.

Muchisimas gracias.
Does anyone know some more academics even if they are not in Salamanca?
Pepe.

#42871 - 10/27/00 07:37 PM Re: Has anyone studied in Salamanca?
odhes1 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, 1Australi...
I'm going to Donquijote ( www.donquijote.org ) in January....... It's meant to be very good (their website is - you can even chat to them and ask questions). Good luck!

[sorry. just edited the URL to make it clickable]

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 10-30-2000).]

#42872 - 11/01/00 03:07 PM Re: Has anyone studied in Salamanca?
filiberto Offline

Loc: Louisville, KY, USA
I have studied at the Colegio de Espana in Salamanca and found that it is pretty good. It is also one of the largest schools there, and has been around a long time, and has arrangements with lots of universities in the US to give credit that will transfer. Its price is very reasonable. The University of Salamanca also has a reputable program. Salamanca is a beautiful place, but I would avoid it in the summer, especially in July, because there are so many foreigners, especially Americans, and there is too much temptation to speak English. Recently I avoided Salamanca by studying at the University of Leon. The city doesn't have quite the charm of Salamanca, but I like it very much, and the University program is pretty good. Also, even though it was summer, most of the tourists there were Spanish, people on the Camino de Santiago, and for the summer, too, it is much, much cooler than Salamanca.

------------------
filiberto

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments