Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4278 - 06/06/02 09:35 AM Hostals in Granada?
sdnj33 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I have searched and have seen three differents hostals mentioned, Macai, Zacatin, and Britz. Does anyone know anything about these, prefer one, or know of any others. We do not want to spend that much..like max around 60E.

#4279 - 06/07/02 08:33 PM Re: Hostals in Granada?
Bocata King Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Hostal Britz is well located, cheap, and clean. It is definetly on the cheaper side as far as rooms go, meaning furniture and what not, but if all you want is a clean room with a bed and clean bathrooms at the end of the hall, its a nice place. It gets full very quickly, so either reserve, if you can, or be there first thing in the morning.

A place I think is really neat, is Hostal La Ninfa in Campo Del Principe in Granada, but it will cost you a bit more, though I am not sure how much. Try looking on line.

BK

#4280 - 06/10/02 02:02 PM Re: Hostals in Granada?
berkeley Offline

Loc: Berkeley CA USA
We just got back from our 1st-ever trip to Spain (very thrilled, though still jetlagged)! In Granada we stayed at Hostal Lisboa , on Plaza del Carmen (phone 958 221 413) for 38 euros/night for a double w/ bathroom. It was great! The people were really nice, the location couldn't be beat, the room was large & comfy & clean, with spacious armoire & desk. We had 2 large doors/windows (w/ teeny balconies); I think they must have been double glazed because they kept the noise out very well when shut. They have an elevator & a cold drink machine. They also had a little fridge in the room, which I really appreciate! We would definitely stay there again. smile Only one nitpicky little thing: the shower had one of those hand-held spray nozzles & the wall bracket to hold it up (as normal showerhead) didn't work. I didn't care, but some people might.

#4281 - 06/11/02 09:57 AM Re: Hostals in Granada?
sdnj33 Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Thanks for the infor Berkeley! Do you have an e mail address for them? I didn't see one on their web site.

#4282 - 06/11/02 11:34 AM Re: Hostals in Granada?
berkeley Offline

Loc: Berkeley CA USA
nope, no email address that we ever found. you gotta call em the old fashioned way wink

#4283 - 06/11/02 12:25 PM Re: Hostals in Granada?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
sdnj33, you'll find Hostal Lisboa email address at the bottom of their website, just above the photo of the Alhambra. It's reservaslisboa@hotmail.com .
It's the same email for Hostal Britz .

Have fun and good luck!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments