Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#4275 - 06/06/02 07:37 AM Hostal Persal...Madrid
JamesC Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hello.
I am just back after spending four nights in Hostal Persal ..Plaza del Angel in Madrid.
Very nice place. Room big and spacious, overlooking plaza, bathroom etc very nice. Staff very helpful, location excellent. 75 Euros per night..including tax and breakfast. Nearby Plaza Santa Ana is under consturction so be careful about booking to stay on that square.
Hostal Persal is a place I would definitely stay in again.
JamesC

#4276 - 06/06/02 08:33 AM Re: Hostal Persal...Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
JamesC, I understand some of the rooms at Hostal Persal have air conditioner units in the windows. Did yours or did you have central air?

I took a tour of the place in October 2000 and it looked VERY nice, almost like a hotel at the reception area, lobby, and restaurants. But the rooms looked more of less like other hostel rooms I've seen in Madrid.

Did you eat any meals at their restaurant? If so, how was it? Thanks for the feedback and any more information you could give would be great for future travelers. Thank you!

Saludos, MadridMan smile

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#4277 - 06/06/02 10:12 AM Re: Hostal Persal...Madrid
JamesC Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi there.
Good question re the air conditioning!! There was a big fan on the ceiling first of all with one could operate by a switch near the bed.
Yes there was a 'machine'for AirCon on the window but to be honest I did not need to try it..so I am sorry I can't shed much light on that, however it looked rather old to me. I only had breakfast at the hostal which was fine.
Hope that helps a bit, as I say a nice place.
The staff were lovely, chatting about the world cup ( I speak Spanish but they seemed to have good English too), lending me an adaptor to plug in my mobile phone charger etc etc
Saludos
James

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments