Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42767 - 05/14/00 04:39 PM Don Quijote Language School?
Balise Offline

Loc: Oregon, USA
Hi, all

I want to study Spanish in Spain for a year (or two, depending on how much money I can save up). I've gotten brochures and catalogs from half a dozen schools, but what I want now is to hear from people who have attended language schools in Spain. Obviously, what a school says about itself isn't necessarily reality.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or give me any feedback about a school they've attended, I'd be most appreciative.

BTW, my #1 choice right now (based on materials mailed to me and websites viewed) is Don Quijote .

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by MadridMan (edited 03-05-2001).]

#42768 - 05/17/00 03:37 PM Re: Don Quijote Language School?
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I studied in Spain for two months last summer, both in Madrid and Alicante.
The key to finding a place you'll enjoy, is to get all the information possible.
Madrid is a wonderful city to learn in, as there are things to do and see every day. I studied at the Universidad Compultense. Although I thought the courses were interesting, the school itself was not the greatest as far as facilities were concerned.
Alicante was wonderful. The city is great and the school was incredibly beautiful. They had a great summer program, with lots of European as well as American students. They have a website, www.ua.es that can probably help you with more information. I'd definately recommend the school.

#42769 - 07/13/01 02:09 AM Re: Don Quijote Language School?
SSFin Offline

Loc: Finland
I attended Instituto Alhambra Internacional's language course last december. It took place in Malaga, but they keep courses also in Salamanca, Alicante and Sevilla. The teachers were great and the course was inexpensive. The school also arranged acommodation. The school was small, but the people were nice. If you want to take a long lasting course, there is a possibility to have a brake while taking the course. The website is www.alhambra-instituto.org/indexit.htm

-Saku

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alex Layton, Laurakt, sopas, striz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1915 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments