Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#42682 - 07/12/07 12:54 PM Loan Analyst & Veterinary Technician Jobs
bruckner1979 Offline

Loc: Barcelona and Madrid
My friend and I are thinking of relocating to Spain. That is of course us having to learn Spanish really well. I was wondering if anyone knows if what we do here in the U.S. is something that can be applied in Spain. I'm a Loan Analyst for a Mortgage Company, while my friend is a Veterinary Technician. Will we make the same amount of money out there or will it be relatively less as far as euro vs. dollar is concerned? How much roughly do each of our careers make out there?

#42683 - 07/12/07 02:57 PM Re: Loan Analyst & Veterinary Technician Jobs
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
But if you're from Barcelona and Madrid (as seen in your profile) you must be Spanish citizens so finding work will be a little less difficult.

As for salaries, you won't come anywhere close to making what you make in the USA. Salaries here are absolutely barbaric - not to mention archaic! eek Expect to earn 1/2 to 2/3 in Spain as you did the USA - just as a general rule of thumb. Madrid salaries are only slightly higher than those in Barcelona.

How old are you both? Hopefully you're young. Spain actively - AND LEGALLY - practices age discrimiation. So if you're 35 or older your chances of being offered any job significantly decreases.

You'll be expected to be fluent in Spanish, of course - unless you're working along the Costa del Sol and working only with the British.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments